Yo dudes, I'm sitting on my dads laptop and I've realized I'm probably going to have to buy a laptop when I move out in about 2 years. What are some good ones to look at? I have used Dell desktops for gaming (WoW) forever. I find them overpriced though. What other brands could I look at? As of right now I don't do any gaming but I'm looking for optimal to top performance.

Also list some good video cards, ram, and stuff like that so I can customize to what I'll want. I'll probably also use it to record random jams with friends and just home recording. I know it's stupid to shop for technology when you're not planning to buy it for a long time, but just curious and bored. Thanks, Godbless!

Edit: In the GG&A forum, what does GAS mean?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Asus laptops ftw. They are amazing for games and other high end things. Maybe look into Alienware, but Asus makes a fine product. Check out Newegg for specs.
X Sign Here
Alienware's suck, they are owned by dell.

Asus are great, so are toshiba's. Dell laptops aren't bad either.
asus are good thats what im using and its good i can run crisis at near enought max graphics
MACBOOK.

Just kidding

I like this HP I'm on atm...nice big screen, good for gaming.

Depends if you want mobility in a laptop though.
♥xx♥

Alienware's are really overpriced Dells..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]MACBOOK.

Just kidding

I like this HP I'm on atm...nice big screen, good for gaming.

Depends if you want mobility in a laptop though.

Screen size is the last thing I'd be looking for in a good gaming laptop ;\. Er.. and it's a laptop, nearly every one will have great mobility.. Right?

MACBOOK.

Just kidding

I just got a macbook
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
I'm in the market for a laptop as well, I've been looking at Toshibas. But can anyone recommend a good performance laptop? I'm willing to spend up to 2000 USD, maybe 2300 max.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Dell's are actually great in terms of laptops, never bought a desktop from them, I build my own. As for video nvidia is at the top right now. Try something along the lines of an 8600 GS/GT. As for sound, I'd get the recording card separately. Check out E-MU and M-Audio for some good deals in your price range.
In two ****ing years?? procrastinate and buy it later!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

There is no point picking out a laptop for two years from now, computer hardware is probably one of the fastest changing things, in 2 years you can have computer twice the speed at twice as small.