well I'm looking for a pickup to put in bridge position on my agile lp to give me a little better clarity and better mids/treble I play metal and shred mostly pantera,metallica,malmsteen and guilbert stuff can any1 help me I'm bad with pickups?
Seymour Duncan SH-6
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

well from the artists listed.

I must say you might be a diarzio man.

whats the wood of your guitar btw?
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
k, so you have a naturally darker sounding guitar sooo...

maybe the Evo

or

Super 2

though i personally like Duncan.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
I was leaning towards duncans just because my friend has a jb and screamin demon in his guitar and they sound alright but it is an alder body.The sh-6 sounded like a good match to my style looking at reviews but the evo2 sounded good as well so since I am not good at picking the right stuff when it coems to anything I will let my fellow UGers pick so please pick well.
Last edited by devinb132 at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by devinb132
I was leaning towards duncans just because my friend has a jb and screamin demon in his guitar and they sound alright but it is an alder body.The sh-6 sounded like a good match to my style looking at reviews but the evo2 sounded good as well so since I am not good at picking the right stuff when it coems to anything I will let my fellow UGers pick so please pick well.

Just remember that only you can decide whats best for you, we cannot.

I chose the SH-6 because, like you, I needed to brighten up my dark sounding guitar (Epi Explorer). I read nothing but good reviews of the SH-6, not one negative thing about it. I've had good experience with SD products so I decided to give it a shot.

I was and still am very pleased! It was pretty much everything I expected.

However, I have no experience with the other pickups mentioned here, so do not exclude them from your options either. I'm sure they have their merits as well.
Quote by deathbat831
.........oh wow.
Eddy 372, im nominating you badass of UG
Quote by disturbed_n_wv
I believe thats the best looking Explorer I've ever seen, I did think they were all ugly until i seen that one Eddy372 good choice.

^surprised it took you so long

Knowing what amp you use is important. Different amps use different tonestacks to controll your tone. Some pickups that sound great on one amp will sound like ass an another amp simply because your tone stack won't controll the frequnceis you need it to. The tone stack has a lot to do with whether you should get high output or low output pickups.
Not taking any online orders.