I've played a Gibson LP but never an epi LP. how does the epi relate to the Gibson? Do they sound or play the same?

Thanks
My Gear:
Washburn WI64
Fender CD-60

Quote by f22master
it is a tracking device so the aliens can find you and take you into their ship and do experiments on you!!!! DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

Quote by YourMessiah666
definitely sexy. all washburn guitars are sexy
They do play similarly to an original Gibson, but they will not have the same kind of extensive and sturdy quality. That said, it doesn't mean the Epiphone version will of poor build and parts, but it will not match the Gibson.
When you play a Gibson, PRS, real American Strat, you recieve a certain excellence in all areas, while the cheaper versions, you may find you didn't get the same good instrument.
The necks will have the same diameters, the finish will be the same but will not be as precise; the pickups will have an escense derived from the original Gibson, but won't sound as nice. Theres loads of differences but, unless you are very picky or have had prior experience with a Gibson, you won't notice the comparisons.
If you buy the epi and put in new potentiometers and pickups, you can make it sound anyway you want.
The feel, is the same.
The sound is noticeably darker owning to the maple being only a veneer, as opposed to thick solid wood.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Ignore my previous post. I was referring to Epi DOT studios. Never played an LP Studio. Heard they were OK
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)