Page 1 of 2
Well there was this one myth about a chinese guy born in Szechuan(sp?). He supposedly lived to be 265 or somewhere around that. It is disputed only because his birth wasn't documented in the 1700's. Anyway, I tried looking for him on the internet and can't remember his name. Any of u have a wikipedia link or something?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

what? wow if it's real.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
The oldest living person lived to 122 years, and only with the help of 20th Century healthcare.

Unless it's something like they're talking about lunar years or dog's years or whatever, it's just a myth.
Last edited by blue_strat at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

He was a vegetarian who knew how to keep healthy and what vitamins to eat when. I don't doubt this for a second.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Wtf lol it says he was 7 ft tall. That's pretty tall for someone 256 years old. It says nothing about him being a vegetarian, just him using herbs. But then again, he probably was a vegetarian
Quote by blackflag49

this doesnt sound like a lie at all...
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
256 years old sounds too old to be believable, but that's just my opinion.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Sounds more like an attention *****. Like those nuts who claim to be abducted by aliens all the time.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
hes 256 and 7ft tall and hes asain hahahah

then that makes me the loch ness monster..

> >

< <
i need about 3.50$

box of ecookies to whoever gets that
I'm honestly not surprised. Humans can live extremely long, longer than we are given credit for. It is all about diet and energy.
Quote by rock_and_blues
I'm honestly not surprised. Humans can live extremely long, longer than we are given credit for. It is all about diet and energy.

Huh. Except cell division and it's inherent flaws put an upper limit on how long a person can live for, and it's far short of this mans proposed age.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by deckerbastard69

> >

< <
i need about 3.50$

South Park

I think this could be true though.
Last edited by White-Chocolate at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by bingeandletgo
Any of u have a wikipedia link or something?

Yeah, I've got a wikipedia link
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
It's always the asians isn't it?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

I've got a theory: the smaller the eyes the longer you live.

That's why tortoises live for so long. They've got TINY eyes!

THINK ABOUT IT, PEOPLE!
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Yakult

THINK ABOUT IT, PEOPLE!

At least I have a pretty much established theory that asians are always number one when it comes to extreme, bizzare and weirds things. They are always the most talented when it comes to doing extremely weird things, living the longest time. Being tallest even though they are supposed to be short etc.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

Well a lot of them live in extremely remote regions, essentially a land that time forgot. They are living the most natural lives possible, and their long life spans are the result of this. I don't think it is because they are asian, rather the land in which they live in and how they are living.
Quote by Yakult

THINK ABOUT IT, PEOPLE!

RACIST

whoever lols at that DESERVES to live 250+ years.......
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by rock_and_blues
Well a lot of them live in extremely remote regions, essentially a land that time forgot. They are living the most natural lives possible, and their long life spans are the result of this. I don't think it is because they are asian, rather the land in which they live in and how they are living.

yeah, living in remote areas and further away from the large populated areas gives you less chances of catching diseases.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by buzz
RACIST

whoever lols at that DESERVES to live 250+ years.......

Is it bigger than a bread bin? Yes

Is it a black man's ****?
Quote by rock_and_blues

There's nothing natural about chemotherapy, but it has drastically improved the lifespan of many people.

Nature sucks. We can do so much better that it.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
There's nothing natural about chemotherapy, but it has drastically improved the lifespan of many people.

Nature sucks. We can do so much better that it.

What gave them the cancer in the first place? I love nature, and will take it over any modern day invention, including electricity (I'm completely happy playing an acoustic the rest of my days) any time. Industrialization and the destruction of nature will bring down mankind.
Hold on a sec...he CLAIMED to be YOUNGER than the records indicated. Why would he lie to make himself seem old if people already thought he was older than he said?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by rock_and_blues
What gave them the cancer in the first place? I love nature, and will take it over any modern day invention, including electricity (I'm completely happy playing an acoustic the rest of my days) any day. Industrialization and the destruction of nature will bring down mankind.

Their cells reproducing unchecked is what causes cancer. Spot those genes, and alter/remove them. Give us another 50 years of biotech and we'll be Gods.

Besides, acoustic. Sure. So how were the strings manufactured? How about that back breaking labor in a field, without any modern fertilisers or genetically altered crops as well as pesticides.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by deckerbastard69

> >

< <
i need about 3.50$

Now I need to watch that on YouTube.

You, sir, are the man.
Quote by darthteet
Besides, acoustic. Sure. So how were the strings manufactured? How about that back breaking labor in a field, without any modern fertilisers or genetically altered crops as well as pesticides.

Steel strings are a recent invention. Stringed instruments are traditionally played with strings made out of the intestines of animals. They are dried, then wound up to the varying thickness, and then tuned till they reach the correct pitch. Back breaking field labor? You clearly have no agricultural experience, do you? The payout of eating completely natural food, sans any chemicals or genetic altering more than makes up for the work.
Quote by rock_and_blues
Steel strings are a recent invention. Stringed instruments are traditionally played with strings made out of the intestines of animals. They are dried, then wound up to the varying thickness, and then tuned till they reach the correct pitch. Back breaking field labor? You clearly have no agricultural experience, do you? The payout of eating completely natural food, sans any chemicals or genetic altering more than makes up for the work.

I know what they used to use as strings. What about the manufacturing process for the guitar then?

Also, "The payout of eating completely natural food, sans any chemicals or genetic altering more than makes up for the work." Organic food has exactly the same nutritional value as non-organic food, and GM foods are often altered to have more nutrients.

Also genetic engineering of rice alone saved 1-2 million lives.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
1 I know what they used to use as strings. What about the manufacturing process for the guitar then?

2Also, "The payout of eating completely natural food, sans any chemicals or genetic altering more than makes up for the work." Organic food has exactly the same nutritional value as non-organic food, and GM foods are often altered to have more nutrients.

3 Also genetic engineering of rice alone saved 1-2 million lives.

1) You do realize there have been luthiers for thousands of years, right? Creating instruments is not new. It's a skill that has to be learned and passed down through the generations, but modern technology is not necessary for it.

2) Did you ever think it was a psychological thing? There is something rather scary about eating food that has been chemically altered and having drugs being pumped into your body against your will. Regardless of whether it is good or bad or equal there are people who just want to know exactly what they are eating, myself being one of them.

3) I could really care less to be honest. This is a situation where you are clearly too ingrained in your ideas to even consider what I say, as I am with mine in respect to yours.
Last edited by rock_and_blues at Jun 30, 2008,
Quote by rock_and_blues
You do realize there have been luthiers for thousands of years, right? Creating instruments is not new. It's a skill that has to be learned and passed down through the generations, but modern technology is not necessary for it.

So that nice high quality wood that only grows at the other side of the world. You plan on going to get it?

Quote by rock_and_blues

Did you ever think it was a psychological thing? There is something rather scary about eating food that has been chemically altered and having drugs being pumped into your body. Regardless of whether it is good or bad or equal there are people who just want to know exactly what they are eating, myself being one of them.

Yeah. Because we can psychologically alter the nutritional value of our food. An organic carrot has the same amount of nutrients as a non-organic one. However, the non-organic one will be more visually appealing, good for giving veg to kids I guess, and will last longer, reducing waste and allowing lower income families greater access to fruit and veg.

Quote by rock_and_blues

I could really care less to be honest. This is a situation where you are clearly too ingrained in your ideas to even consider what I say, as I am with mine in respect to yours.

Yeah because educating the public and explaining that GM is not toxic and that it actively saves millions of lives around the world is something that isn't worth caring about...
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by darthteet
1) So that nice high quality wood that only grows at the other side of the world. You plan on going to get it?

2) Yeah. Because we can psychologically alter the nutritional value of our food. An organic carrot has the same amount of nutrients as a non-organic one. However, the non-organic one will be more visually appealing, good for giving veg to kids I guess, and will last longer, reducing waste and allowing lower income families greater access to fruit and veg.

3) Yeah because educating the public and explaining that GM is not toxic and that it actively saves millions of lives around the world is something that isn't worth caring about...

1) God, why are you still on about this. Exotic woods are a luxury given to us by this current modern world we live in. They aren't a necessity, we've been making instruments for thousands of years with whats right outside our door.

2) I'm saying even IF the foods are the same, there are still people who would rather have their own organically grown foods, because they don't like the idea of their food being chemically altered and tampered with. Some people like to be in control of what goes into their body

3) I could really give a damn about what happens to people half way across the world whose lives will never in any way shape or form change the way mine is lived.
Quote by rock_and_blues

2) I'm saying even IF the foods are the same, there are still people who would rather have their own organically grown foods, because they don't like the idea of their food being chemically altered and tampered with. Some people like to be in control of what goes into their body

Unless they can give a reason for avoiding GM and non-organic foods, then their beliefs are irrational.

Quote by rock_and_blues

3) I could really give a damn about what happens to people half way across the world whose lives will never in any way shape or form change the way mine is lived.

With that attitude you... I don't actually know what to say. I'm dumbfounded by the sheer lack of compassion.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
I believe only turtles can live lenghty lives. This is false.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by darthteet
Unless they can give a reason for avoiding GM and non-organic foods, then their beliefs are irrational.

They don't have to give a damn thing. Maybe that is what they want? That is reason enough. It is sad that we live in a world where wanting to be completely in control of your body is thought of as "strange" and "irrational".

With that attitude you... I don't actually know what to say. I'm dumbfounded by the sheer lack of compassion.

I have compassion. I have it for things that matter and actually pertain to me. My blood and home is more important than any of those people will ever be. That is what I reserve my compassion for.
Page 1 of 2