I was just thinking, most of the time people say they have this pickup in the neck and this in the bridge. But other times people say I use this for Rythme and this for Lead. This may be a stupid question but I just want to clarify.

Is the pickup in the neck (the one right below the neck) the lead pickup?

and the pickup in the bridge (the one next to the bridge) the rythme pickup?

Help please!
you have it backwards.
bridge is for lead.
neck is for ryhm
if its a strat then middle and neck can be used for rythem, and bridge is for lead.
but you can play however you want, thats just what there intended for(have you ever read the labels on a pickup selector for a les paul??????)
you can use whatever one you want for lead or rhythm, but the bridge is usually used for lead because its brighter and breaks through the mix a little better
^ yeahh just look at a les paul
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I wouldn't think of it that way or you'll get boxed in. They are for different tones, not different aspects of playing.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by stratdud39
you have it backwards.
bridge is for lead.
neck is for ryhm
if its a strat then middle and neck can be used for rythem, and bridge is for lead.
but you can play however you want, thats just what there intended for(have you ever read the labels on a pickup selector for a les paul??????)

every self respecting blues man and soloist, on a strat i have ever seen solos with there neck pickup, thats where that nice clear glassy sound comes from, generally it sounds muddy and undefined if you try to play solos with a bridge pickup. And on the other side of the coin i don't see too many metal heads playing rhythms with there neck pickup...
Ah so I had it backwords? So if I switch my gibson to the "lead" position its going to switch to the pickup closest to the bridge?
Well whats it really matter...I use them based on the tone I want.
For me:
Neck - More rounded, clear, clean. Sounds like it has more bass to it.
Bridge - More mids, a sharper sound.
Middle - A combo of both, not as piercing as the Bridge, but not as rounded as the Neck.

I just use Bridge as a default...I switch to Neck for something that might be played clean or if it's played on an acoustic and I want to play it on my electric I'll also use the neck. If I want a very crunchy and distorted sound I'll use the combo of Middle + Bridge while cutting the treble and boosting the bass and mids
Quote by Green RATM Day
Well whats it really matter...I use them based on the tone I want.
For me:
Neck - More rounded, clear, clean. Sounds like it has more bass to it.
Bridge - More mids, a sharper sound.
Middle - A combo of both, not as piercing as the Bridge, but not as rounded as the Neck.

I just use Bridge as a default...I switch to Neck for something that might be played clean or if it's played on an acoustic and I want to play it on my electric I'll also use the neck. If I want a very crunchy and distorted sound I'll use the combo of Middle + Bridge while cutting the treble and boosting the bass and mids

Because I want to know what pickup is being used when I turn it to the lead switch or the rythme switch.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Because I want to know what pickup is being used when I turn it to the lead switch or the rythme switch.

Well thats better than wanting to know just to switch to the Rhythm when you play Rhythm.
Quote by Green RATM Day
Well thats better than wanting to know just to switch to the Rhythm when you play Rhythm.

Now can ya answer my question? lol

Anyone?

Ah so I had it backwords? So if I switch my gibson to the "lead" position its going to switch to the pickup closest to the bridge?

That true?
It doesn't matter one bit what the pickup selector says - it's a hangover from the 1950's and music has changed ever so slightly since then. However, the "rhythm" position is the neck pickup, "treble" is the bridge...but once again it doesn't matter what you use them for, you simply choose whichever sound works best for what you're doing.

The neck pickup is warmer, fuller sounding and bassier, the neck pickup is tighter and brighter sounding and also higher output.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com