So I've decided if I ever go back to school that I would go for something that has to do with music. Be either learning the fundamentals of studio work, or something else. But I have no idea what I should go for, or what type of degree I should be looking forward to.

Any info would be appreciated especially if you're a graduate or currently enrolled in a music school.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
Quote by griffRG7321
powerchord academy, its the only way

Does it actually teach you about studio work and stuff?

Also is it a yearly thing, like anyone could enroll? I know I've seen advertisements for the academy, mostly telling you that you could win a trip. But that's all I know about it. I'll have to check it out though.
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
you could move to texas and go to UTPA to become a music teacher
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Quote by griffRG7321
powerchord academy, its the only way

Yeah, don't do that.

Try looking into specific schools for music... really good schools, not just any school with 'music' tacked on the end of the name. See what they have to offer as far as courses. These better schools will have very pin-pointed classes/degrees... find some classes that you find most interesting... then try and find a college (where you want to be geographically) that offers similar, if not the same, course titles.

As far as music production goes: so many people go into that field now, it seems almost pointless to try and compete. Try finding something a bit more narrowed in the field.
Currently reading:

Crime and Punishment
The Age of Reason
Little Dorrit

"Illegitimis nil carborundum"
Quote by GSanthony4458
Does it actually teach you about studio work and stuff?

Also is it a yearly thing, like anyone could enroll? I know I've seen advertisements for the academy, mostly telling you that you could win a trip. But that's all I know about it. I'll have to check it out though.

dude there is so much info online and cheap online courses. If you are looking for studio work as a carreer its really tough because of the great technology anyone can record from a bedroom. Very tough business but i have a studio and study online because i love it.
Thanks for info and advice.

Another question, what basic courses would I have to take for this type of study? (math, english, ect.)
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby