So I just opened my bR00tal Krank Rev Jr, and as awesome as it looks, I have some questions:
1. I ordered the halfstack version, and I need to connect the head to the cab. However, no cables besides the Power cable came in the box. Am I missing something? Or do I need to buy something extra?

2. Do the tubes need to warm up or anything? I distinctly remember that I played a Spider Valve and ValveKing in GC and both had a Standby switch, which the Krank lacks.

I'm quite worried that I have to buy a cable because I've been waiting forever to get this amp, and might have to wait longer...
1. Buy a speaker cable. DON'T use a shielded instrument cable

2. Turn it on and leave the volume down for a bit.
These go to eleven...
A speaker cable will only set you back £5 at most, any guitar shop will be able to supply you with one
Do not use an instrument cable
When you turn the amp on, leave it alone for at least 2 minutes and it should be fine
ohai little sig.
So would this be a speaker cable?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8315496&st=speaker+cable&type=product&id=1174092319345

And on the cab itself are two ports. Do I just use one, or both?

EDIT: Never mind about the cable. I'm pretty sure this would do the job: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-Speaker-Cable-336700-i1129168.gc
Last edited by NowhereOutThere at Jun 30, 2008,
I need a very quick answer on this last question-
How many do I need and what end does it have to be? Quarter Inch? XLR? Or Banana?
1/4 in to 1/4 in speaker cable is what you need.

I hope you didn't turn the head on without it plugged into the cab because if you did, it might not even work when you do get the cable...

Standby switches are, arguably, not even needed. If you feel it necessary to warm up your tubes, just turn it on and leave it without playing anything for a minute or so.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by NowhereOutThere
I need a very quick answer on this last question-
How many do I need and what end does it have to be? Quarter Inch? XLR? Or Banana?

One cable for one cab, quarter inch.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!