Well, I posted about the AT 212 like a week ago.

I can get it now, BUT, I called and asked about the fan and they said it is an older one without the fan.

What should I do? If I buy it I will buy the warranty that covers any breakdowns for a year.

So should I do this? The amp is 250 bucks
from what i hear b-52's are very unreliable. but sound great as far as i've seen. get the warranty for sure
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
250 for that amp is a sweet deal. Definitely get the warranty, its a life saver.

Just a little advice from someone who owns the same amp, invest in a BOSS NS-2. You'll need it if you plan on turning it up
What kind of pedal is it?

I guess Ill just get that performance guarantee and if it breaks they will fix it.

Any more opinions please?
What you can do is buy a small desk fan and run it behind your amp with the air flow pointed towards your tubes.

My Palo doesn't heat up really bad, but I do it anyways for a little extra tube life.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I love my b-52...

from what i've heard and researched their original amps had a problem with overheating and such. But since then i'm pretty sure they have changed them. I havnt heard of anyone having a b-52 overheating problem in a long time now
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Yes, But it isnt the updated one with the fan. Thats the whole problem.
Quote by stratman_13
What you can do is buy a small desk fan and run it behind your amp with the air flow pointed towards your tubes.

My Palo doesn't heat up really bad, but I do it anyways for a little extra tube life.

I took a computer fan out of my old pc, and hardwired it to a transformer from Radioshack.

It has a switch that goes from 3 volts, to 4.5 to 6 to 7.5 to 9 and then to 12v, so you can adjust the speed.

It's like 2-3 inches across, works really well.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
I just read somewhere that B-52 send out fan kits for the people with older models.

Is this true?
Quote by ^__^
I just read somewhere that B-52 send out fan kits for the people with older models.

Is this true?

Call their customer service, or email them at:

support@B-52Pro.com

I've emailed them a couple times regarding the tubes, and questions about attenuators, and they've been really good to me..

Also, as said earlier, a fan can be installed easily, or you can just put one behind it. The thing has a LOT of tubes in it, and I think that's where the overheating issue comes from...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
I emailed. Costs 26 bucks since im not an original owner and don't have receipt.

I want to get this SO bad but the reliability issues are still in my head. I think im gonna go for it though because ill get performance guarantee.
Don't worry about it too much. I think it's as reliable as almost any other amp, especially once you install the fan. Plus, you're getting it at a steal....

The only serious issues were with the overheating and the reverb tank going out. The overheating can be prevented with the fan, and the reverb tank is an easy fix, but like I said, mine has performed flawlessly, and I've hear a LOT of other people say the same.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator