I was wondering what scales you guys would reccommend I practice to get my finger work better? I'm decent at soloing now, but can't do it for more than a few seconds without getting my fingers all tangled up. I've been told that my playing style is like Godsmack combined with Alice in Chains only heavier with some Lamb of God, Zakk Wylde, Eddie Vanh Halen, and Rob Zombie thrown in. Also, what scales are good for getting sweep picking down?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Kill me. Please.

I wouldn't advise scales for sweeping really. Arpeggios work very well. I'm pretty sure in AT there are a bunch of shapes shown.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Well that's why I'm asking what is reccommended for sweeping. I didn't know scales weren't good for it. Now I do.

The more you know.....
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Sorry man, bad day.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Don't practice scales, practice solos or construct exercises from scales but don't just play straight scales.

If you can only play lead for a few seconds then forget sweeping for the time being, you're not ready for it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
well where shall we begin?
fist off a particular scale will not get you playing faster or get you fingers working better. Thats what practicing is for. The more you practice technique the easier it will be play play faster and with more endurance. There is no magic scale that makes you better. Motivated practice accomplishes that. And if you are planning on sweeping entire scales, then if you do, my hats off to you. Sweeping picking is a technique most commonly associated with arpeggios not scales. Because arpeggios have like one note per string (most times) they are more suited for a sweeping technique rather than a three note per string scale. For that i would recommend more legato and economy picking approach. So my advise is to practice more to get you fingers moving like you want them to and to learn some arpeggios to sweep with.
good luck and god speed
Quote by :-D
I go to college with mattrsg1; for what it's worth he is the best guitarist I have heard in person, and in particular stands out from others in my age group. You will not be disappointed, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpCZpysf94