I got an Epiphone SG G-400 with a Roland Cube amp 20x. I was wondering what configuraion was needed to make the sound of rubbing your hand on the strings louder. I tried to do the Bulls on Parade solo but I could barely hear the noice of my fingers rubbing the strings. And also what does bass, middle, treble, and gain do?
Thanks
bass-give you more "thump",more off to your playing
mid-gives you a exrta thump
trebel-gives you those high ends
gain-use that on a disroted channel and you will get more crunch/distortion to yourplaying
check out the ULITIMATE SETTING thread for more information
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
try your gain on 6-8 and bass at 9 mids at 5.5 and trebel at 6,i not sure with a roland amp but you should get a crunchy sound with that.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
for tom morellos crazy stuff, it helps to have high gain, high treble and if you have it, overdrive.
- The anti-yamaha.
Ok thanks. One more question What should be the most common setting to have the amp set at? I have only had acoustic and everything plays on one type of sound but what are most classic rock songs played on?
Quote by Splagl
Ok thanks. One more question What should be the most common setting to have the amp set at? I have only had acoustic and everything plays on one type of sound but what are most classic rock songs played on?

There is no be-all end-all setting, but for classic rock, I recommend:

Treble: 5-7
Middle: 7-10
Bass: 5-7
Gain: Varies, usually 4-8
And the Cube 20X increases in gain as you go from "Overdrive" to Metal Stack"