Well, I posted in my thread about needing to know about this and got no replies, and I have another question now too. First off:

I'm thinking about buying a Fernandes sustainer fsk 101 kit. i dont like the neck pickup on this guitar anyways, its extremely muddy.

I don't have a router, or anything like that. and im wondering if i need to route room for the sustainer board,battery etc. and could i do this somehow with hand tools and without a router?

Now lets say i do need to buy a router, is this good enough to do the job?
http://www.amazon.com/Skil-1820-Plunge-Router-Light/dp/B0000C6DXZ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1214874550&sr=1-6

if not, can someone suggest a cheap one that can?
Thanks in advance!
looks like not many people have used this sustainer. If it is the size of a normal humbucker, then you don't have to worry about routing it, should fit snugly. But then again, we don't know your guitar. If you have a single coil in the neck, then you may have to rout/buy a new pickguard. tell us more. The board should be built right on to the pickup, assuming its like an EMG. link to product so we can look up info that you didn't read/ see?

For the battery, do you have a trem system? if so, battery could go in there with foam or covered in tape so it doesn't interfere. Or under your pickguard, in the control cavity.

did i cover it?
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
looks like not many people have used this sustainer. If it is the size of a normal humbucker, then you don't have to worry about routing it, should fit snugly. But then again, we don't know your guitar. If you have a single coil in the neck, then you may have to rout/buy a new pickguard. tell us more. The board should be built right on to the pickup, assuming its like an EMG. link to product so we can look up info that you didn't read/ see?

For the battery, do you have a trem system? if so, battery could go in there with foam or covered in tape so it doesn't interfere. Or under your pickguard, in the control cavity.

did i cover it?

Its the size of a normal humbucker, the guitar (a les paul saga kit) is routed for the neck humbucker. No trem. The board is NOT built right into the pickup.
heres a link to the product. Im trying to find out if i can fit the board and battery in my control cavity or if im going to route more room for it, most likely the second option. and also im trying to find out if the router i linked above would work for doing that.

Link to the products page: http://www.fernandesguitars.com/sustainer.html
Link to my guitar (finished): https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857364
th circuit itself should not be big at all. i have a variable booster on my bass that is only a few inches total, could be mounted anywhere, mines on the back of a pot.

Nice build dude, paint is sick.

but for that LP, they usually have big enough control cavities to fit tons of **** in there haha. definitly a battery, depends on how awkward the circuit is. don't route if you dont have to. I don't own a router nor have ever routed, so i can't help you with that.

But i think you'll be surprised on how small this circuit will be. i say go for it if you want it.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by THE Saint Jimmy
th circuit itself should not be big at all. i have a variable booster on my bass that is only a few inches total, could be mounted anywhere, mines on the back of a pot.

Nice build dude, paint is sick.

but for that LP, they usually have big enough control cavities to fit tons of **** in there haha. definitly a battery, depends on how awkward the circuit is. don't route if you dont have to. I don't own a router nor have ever routed, so i can't help you with that.

But i think you'll be surprised on how small this circuit will be. i say go for it if you want it.

alright i might try it.
want to see if anyone has any first hand experience with it before i go spending $150 on it.
The circuit will not be so big that it won't fit in a control cavity that has 4 pots in it...

think about your craziest of pedals...even a colorsound supasustain that i'll be building soon. will i make it as big as possible on perfboard and so i can't fit it in a small enclosure? NO! will this company waste money on big PCB's? NO! It's DESIGNED to do this. If they made it so it didn't fit in a guitar, they wouldn't make much would they?

possibly try their tech support and ask for dimensions if you need them.
Quote by Invader Jim