I'm going to buy one but I don't know what hardware to get with it. I like the gold but I heard it starts to fade after a while. Can anybody give me their suggestions?
get an epi instead or save up for a standard/classic, from what ive heard studios are hit and miss compared to other LP guitars
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
if your gonna get the studio, then try plenty out first. A lot of studios are bad quality, but some are quite good...always try before you buy
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
get an epi elitist or get a used classic/standard

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

There are good Studios, they're just outnumbered greatly by the bad Studios. For example, the studio I intend to buy tomorrow is one of the best guitars I've ever played (I like it better than any other Les Paul I've ever played); however, it's very modified (the pickups have been replaced with a Seymour Duncan I can't identify and a P-90 in the neck), and another studio at the same store plays like crap and costs more. To bring your question into relevancy, with a Studio the only way to go really is to play whatever sounds the best because Studios really do vary in quality.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Epiphone elitist les paul custom.
Superior in every way.

/thread
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!
Quote by hell_monkey
if your gonna get the studio, then try plenty out first. A lot of studios are bad quality, but some are quite good...always try before you buy

+1
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by Iansmitchell
Epiphone elitist les paul custom.
Superior in every way.

/thread

But if you're open to other suggestions, I give a bigger "+1" to this.

Although some Gibson LP Studio owners will get defensive to this statement, the Elitist Les Paul (Custom, Standard, Goldtop--it's all the same, except for cosmetic differences) honestly is superior to the Gibson LP Studio in every way (except the headstock aesthetic, but that's personal preference, and I myself couldn't justify spending the same amount as an Elitist on an inferior guitar just because it has a prettier headstock).

EDIT: Typo.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by Roge23
I'm going to buy one but I don't know what hardware to get with it. I like the gold but I heard it starts to fade after a while. Can anybody give me their suggestions?

...and now to actually answer your question: Just don't worry about it. The gold hardware will fade; it's just a fact of life. Accept it and enjoy your guitar. When the gold starts fading, if it really bothers you, then you can always replace the hardware. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by stinger12345
Personally, I like chrome on the wine red!!!

I think the chrome (Isn't it nickel? I can't remember.) looks awsome on Wine Red as well. I'd go for chrome myself.
"What was that?! *Sigh.* Here, hold my 'I Can't believe I'm Helping You' pie and watch this...."
I think that I'm going to get chrome and I'm going to follow your advice on testing out all the studios. Thanks guys!
ive got white studio with gold hardware.
Yes the gold does fade over time.
but it doesn't look like crap tho, it's just duller and unless you actually own the guitar you can't tell.

Try and find a used one.
I actually got mine half price from a retail store as it had a scratch on the case.
I love white guitars!