ok so i'm staying at my grandparents for the next couple days. anyways my great aunt called and told my grandmom that anytime i was up here i could come to her house and play the guitar her son used to play. however he doesn't play anymore. i don't know any details yet but i know its a gibson. i dont even know for sure if its an electric or acoustic but either way it would be a major step up from my current rig. i'm praying its a paul but idk. anyways since he doesn't play anymore i'm thinking its a complete waste to have it sitting gathering dust. any ideas on how i can get my great aunt to part with her sons six string???
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
ask nicely?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
just ask her if you can barrow it, as time grows see if you can maybe give it a new home.
when you see it (nomatter what it is) just act like its the most amazing thing you've ever seen and whenever your aunt is around just look like you love it and maybe youl'l get it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by Ghold125
just ask her if you can barrow it, as time grows see if you can maybe give it a new home.

this.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by timzee117
when you see it (nomatter what it is) just act like its the most amazing thing you've ever seen and whenever your aunt is around just look like you love it and maybe youl'l get it

thats a good idea .. and if she doesnt give it to you then .. then it means it means alot to her so dont push it
take it easy man .. its just a thread
get her a little drunk, play her a song, and there you have it. your good to go. or you could tell her son about it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Just explain your situation, IF YOU LIKE IT, just tell her your current gear is kinda sub-par, and this would be a huge upgrade, and ask her very nicely if you could have it or if you could give her some money for it.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT, DON'T ASK. Chances are, it does mean SOMETHING to her, so don't take it only to let it collect dust in a different place. Just tell her you appreciate her letting you play it.
k so the guitar was a 57' Gibson SG Custom with a bigsby tailpiece and tremolo but i couldn't get it. it was beautiful though and i played for two amazing hours through a 210 watt 4 channel peaven rhythym master 400 i think it was called w/ footswitchable reverb. needless to say it was an amazing two hours the only regret i have is there was no overdrive but it was still fun

Quote by gregs1020

Quote by uncboy19
k so the guitar was a 57' Gibson SG Custom with a bigsby tailpiece and tremolo but i couldn't get it. it was beautiful though and i played for two amazing hours through a 210 watt 4 channel peaven rhythym master 400 i think it was called w/ footswitchable reverb. needless to say it was an amazing two hours the only regret i have is there was no overdrive but it was still fun

The SG debuted in '61, not '57.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
WOW!!! dude your lucky(even though you didn't get to have it)! do you know what the going price for those are?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by Saturated Fat
get her a little drunk, play her a song, and there you have it. your good to go. or you could tell her son about it.

he wants to get a guitar not get lucky with his aunt
signed,
your favorite poster
Offer her money or talk her into giving it to you.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
my bad for the wrong year it was a 61 but anyways yeah the remake goes for about 3 grand

Quote by gregs1020

DAMN MAN!!! you are one lucky SOB!!!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
yeah i guess i sounded good on that rig it just reminds how broke i am and how much i really need to upgrade my gear

Quote by gregs1020

no i didnt but i did have the experience of a lifetime at least once everyone should do the four step process to guitar bliss i took. (1) dust off (2)plug in (3)crank it up (4) pick three simple chords (C G Am) to the sweet sound of simple man through the guitar it was meant to be played on.

Quote by gregs1020