which pedal should i use to get mike D's sound right now i have a fender p bass and an boss bass overdrive pedal running through a fender rumble 100

please help
Why do you want to sound like someone else? If I remember correctly you can barely even hear the bass in KSE......

EDIT, try the guitarists settings.

(From the setting thread)
Bass:6
Mid:6
Treble:4 or 7 depending on song.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 30, 2008,
You really want to sound like a guy who has a volume knob beside the bridge and an active EQ and pickup blend hardwired to zero and then removed?

You won't get that sound with your existing setup, unfortunately. Two humbuckers full-on sound completely different than a passive P-Bass. However, play what the guitar plays with a pick right at the bridge and nobody will hear or notice you, just like in KSE
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Sorry for my ignorance, but whats KSE? The acronym isnt ringing a bell

EDIT: Oh wait. Is it Killswitch Engage?
Schecter Studio 5
Peavey Millenium BXP 5

Ampeg SVT 3 Pro

...work in progress
Quote by thefitz
You really want to sound like a guy who has a volume knob beside the bridge and an active EQ and pickup blend hardwired to zero and then removed?
He does what? What the hell is the point of that? Just to waste 9V batteries?
Quote by smb
He does what? What the hell is the point of that? Just to waste 9V batteries?

Lord knows. The idiot from Shadows Fall does the same. Check out both their... *sigh*... signature Ibanez basses. Both with one volume knob and hardwired flat EQs and pickup blends.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Lord knows. The idiot from Shadows Fall does the same. Check out both their... *sigh*... signature Ibanez basses. Both with one volume knob and hardwired flat EQs and pickup blends.

But the bassist in Shadows Fall is actually good, and doesn't scoop the mids.
Oh gods. Ibanez make two of those? When they make my sig bass it'll be almost nothing like that.
Quote by ele1122
But the bassist in Shadows Fall is actually good, and doesn't scoop the mids.

No, he doesn't scoop the mids. He doesn't do anything to the mids. Or any other frequencies. Or the pickup blend. He doesn't do the anything to anything.

And why Ibanez has 2 literally identical signature basses... just doesn't make sense.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
"Signature bass" just doesn't hold meaning anymore...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by thefitz
No, he doesn't scoop the mids. He doesn't do anything to the mids. Or any other frequencies. Or the pickup blend. He doesn't do the anything to anything.

And why Ibanez has 2 literally identical signature basses... just doesn't make sense.

There's more to your tone than just the bass... besides, if he likes his tone, there's no reason to go insulting him for it... at least they aren't using Thunderbirds.
Quote by ele1122
There's more to your tone than just the bass... besides, if he likes his tone, there's no reason to go insulting him for it... at least they aren't using Thunderbirds.

I see no reason not to insult someone who REMOVES KNOBS FROM A BASS having hardwired them to do nothing and then releases it as a signature. I have almost no respect for people who are so "metal" they keep accidently hitting their knobs (i.e. the reason that all those knobs are missing and the Mike D'Antonio sig has his knob behind the bridge). What are you going to do to a Thunderbird to maim it like that? Remove the neck?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
what are scooped mids?
I drive a big chevy truck

Jackson DKMGT
Epiphone SG
VOX-AD30VT
Peavey BXP bass
Yamaha 12 string acoustic
Behringer BX1800 Bass amp
KORG toneworks pandora's box PX4D
BOSS overdrive/distortion
Quote by thefitz

Well, by slightly modifying the aesthetics they have produced twice as many basses and therefore twice as much potential revenue. YAY CONSUMERISM!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Mike D'Antonio used to
That just took 5 years off my life.
Quote by toolfan88
what are scooped mids?
Another 5. Dammit, now I should have died 15 years ago.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by toolfan88
what are scooped mids?

The mids are cut and the low and high ends are raised so that if you were to look at such a shape on an EQ it would look like a... hmm.... well I just don't know what it would look like.
Quote by KwikKopy
The mids are cut and the low and high ends are raised so that if you were to look at such a shape on an EQ it would look like a... hmm.... well I just don't know what it would look like.

I think you're thinking a U.
Schecter Studio 5
Peavey Millenium BXP 5

Ampeg SVT 3 Pro

...work in progress
Quote by dmntr
I think you're thinking a U.

Or the infamous smiley face on a graphic EQ.

I couldn't bear to part with my mids, though.

And TS, if really want to sound like him (although I can't see why you would), play with a pick at the bridge and scoop those poor mids. Be warned though, it'll take a hell of a lot of power to be heard without any mids.