Ive been debating between the ESP eclipse II and gibson les paul custom for some time now, and I have an ESP eclipse on hold for the time being, but I have a query about the LP. Has anybody else noticed how terrible the neck feels? The few I have played feel extremely "dry" and hard to get around on. Anybody else notice this, or I have I just been playing unnaturally bad ones? Its a quality music shop (bellevue american music, for those of you in seattle), so I would assume they are all like that. Thoughts?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Its probably the store. I played a lot of gibson les pauls before making my purchase, and the necks were very dry and sometimes even...chalky? I ordered mine from a store to make sure that i got a new les paul, and the neck was beautiful. You just have to get the neck used to your hand.
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
Chalky is a very good way to describe it. I kept on trying to wipe the neck off to no effect.

The thing is, it would be a lot easier to make my decision between the two if I could try a new les paul. Hmm.

Also, do the gibson customs have bigger necks than the epi's? My friend has the epi les paul custom and the neck felt so much thinner and easier to play. I hate to say it but its true.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Ive been debating between the ESP eclipse II and gibson les paul custom for some time now, and I have an ESP eclipse on hold for the time being, but I have a query about the LP. Has anybody else noticed how terrible the neck feels? The few I have played feel extremely "dry" and hard to get around on. Anybody else notice this, or I have I just been playing unnaturally bad ones? Its a quality music shop (bellevue american music, for those of you in seattle), so I would assume they are all like that. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what you mean by dry since all Gibsons are Nitro-finished; however, both the '57 Custom and LP Custom have the rounded '50s "baseball bat" profile. If you want a Custom Shop LP with a thinner or '60s profile, go with the 1960 Standard or Class 5 Quilt Top.

^Im looking only at the gibson les paul custom. As in not only from the custom shop, but the actual custom model. With the headstock binding and such.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Chalky is a very good way to describe it. I kept on trying to wipe the neck off to no effect.

The thing is, it would be a lot easier to make my decision between the two if I could try a new les paul. Hmm.

Also, do the gibson customs have bigger necks than the epi's? My friend has the epi les paul custom and the neck felt so much thinner and easier to play. I hate to say it but its true.

Then get the epi.
Playability is everything.
New pickups, pots, hardware, bridge, are cheaper than a new guitar later.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!