Hey everyone. So Iv'e been looking around for some decent $700-$750 amps that are good at stuff like Lamb Of God, As Blood Runs Black, Shadows Fall, Bring me the Horison, ect. Im not a huge guy on cleans, but just need a good dirty sound. I dont really know much about amps but I would preferably like to get a tube amp. I won't gig with it, just jamming with friends and bedroom practice. I have been looking for a decent used 5150/6505, but I can't find one so don't recomend one. All other opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
dude a marshall stack maybe a mc 800 something like that or a half stack marshall
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
valveking and an OD
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
hmm since your just playing in your rooms and over a drum kit maybe, the line 6 spider valve is really good. your price range, tube, loud, plus i just like the tones you can get, practicly any metal sound.
RANDALL RG50TC

HANDS DOWN!!!! amazing amp for metal!!! especially at home, you can also do pretty big gigs with it

beats out valveking sooo bad
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
ive been looking at the randal RG50TC, and the Bugera 6262/or 6260 combo. Any prefrences?
I've played many valvekings, and even with the gain on 10 and tons of different EQ settings, achieving a really Death metal tone just doesn't work out well, you can get close, but it just doesn't quite bridge the gap. I'd say check out the Randall RG50TC, and I've never heard the Bugera's yet.
Quote by Ben12321
ive been looking at the randal RG50TC, and the Bugera 6262/or 6260 combo. Any prefrences?

randall = amazing sound+reliability
bugera = amazing sound, more power but bad reliability
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
randall = amazing sound+reliability
bugera = amazing sound, more power but bad reliability

The Bugeras will do just fine, most people who have them have had no problems what so ever with them, its just a few isolated cases. Just get a warranty and you're good. They sound better than the Randalls too IMO.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
wow im highly surprised that no one has mentioned the 6505 yet...
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
B-52 AT 112 or 212, i get awesome metal tones out of the stack version, and its only $550 for the 112, and $750 for the 212
My Rig:

Schecter C-1+
Washburn X12QVS
Ibanez RG7321
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic-Electric
Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Crate Practice Amp
Marshall G80CDR
Maxon OD808
wtf?

All the amps listed are good for the price new, but the 5150/6505 is much better for what he wants, especially if he doesn't need cleans. Where are you looking if you can't find one? There's always tons of them for sale everywhere I look.

If you get a 5150 though, I'd strongly advise you to get the head and a 2x12 cab or something as the head just sounds better than the combo imo, though it just might not be feasible with that budget. I used to really like the sound of my combo when I got it, even over the head, but now that I've gotten rid of it and played the head version and combo version right next to eachother a few times, the head is clearly better sounding imo.

Also look into the Mesa F and DC series, maybe even a Mark III.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 1, 2008,