Hey ive recently been modding my crybaby gcb 95 wah wah pedal and am wondering how to turn this into a volume pedal at the flick of a switch???

Originally posted by metallicaman80
Wah-Volume pedal mod
Lifting the earth connection of the 4.7µF capacitor will cancel the wah effect and leave you with a volume pedal. The '70s Jen Wah-Volume pedal switches in a 4K7 resistor and 0.22µF cap in series across the 0.01µF "sweep cap".

Do you think there could be a way to make it switch from wah to volume pedal. Like a switch?

If you run a simple on/off switch (the kind you'd find in a very simple circuit) between the capacitor and the earth, you can toggle between volume and wah pedal- the only difficult bit would be in mounting the switch on the steel enclosure.

could someone explain this further and explain what is earth?

thank u
earth i would imagine is a ground cable or something...

what id do, is make a small circuit board, one side with the original 4.7µF capacitor, and the other with the 4K7 resistor and 0.22µF cap, and have it switch currents with a buttun or something.

that parts a bit trickier.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Get an SPST switch and wire it to break the negative lead of the cap. Get a toggle switch so all you'd have to do is drill a single round hole to mount it. Also, the case is prolly zinc, not steel. Zinc is easy to drill though as long as you use a center punch so the bit doesn't wander on you.

You've prolly already been here (I hope), but check out the last 3 or so pages (6 if you have 20 posts/page; I have 40).
Quote by Invader Jim
Get an SPST switch and wire it to break the negative lead of the cap.

Right on. Earth is simply the way the non-American world says ground. It'd be really easy, especially if you've got a drill press.