I just got my first electric guitar, and I want to get a couple effects pedals. The amp I have only has a clean tone btw. Some bands I am big into are Oasis, Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead. So, with me being a complete noob to electric guitar, can anyone suggest some pedals?

Thanks!
Whammy for the Muse stuff, fuzz pedal for sure.

Bigg Muff/Fuzz Factory maybe?
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Yeah, I was definitely thinking Big Muff. I was looking at ZVex Fuzz Factory, but it's like $200, isn't it? I believe they're made in Minnesota, and I live in Minnesota. :p
hmmm...no idea, but they DO have a cheaper version of the Fuzz factory. The little big muff is wonderful also, but I DO like the NYC Muff.

Get a whammy for sure though, if you have the cash.

if you dont have the money, maybe go for an Multi effects for now, as they usually have a whammy like effect on most of them.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Ehm...Digitech Whammy xD Only one there is that does the same, unless you are getting a multi effects.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I would start with the following pedals in this order:

If you intend to play live or play with other people I would start with a tuner pedal and volume pedal. Otherwise they can be skipped but some kind of tuner will still be needed.

Next two most important to me would probably be a compressor & EQ to clean up the tone. Then you can start shaping your sound with distortion/fuzz and other effects. I agree with Kai07, a multi effects might be a good choice here.