Page 1 of 2
well im finished reading the harry potter series for the umpteenth time (and i still picked up some tid bits i hadn't before) and i thought to myself "when are those movies coming out?"

well i looked it up, and in about .22 seconds (gotta love google) and found out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/

the half blood prince is coming out in november

and...what's this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084/trivia

the final movie will be split into a Part 1 and Part 2?

do we finally get a movie version of the book with all the details? are we going to get to see the 7th book in it's entirety? it's a nice thought yes?

i thought it'd be interesting nice for other fans to know.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 1, 2008,
Yep.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Saw that in the Wall Street Journal a while back.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
I thought the 6th book was pretty boring, tbh. So I doubt I'll pick up the 7th. I've probably just outgrown and become bored of the whole series.
lol i have read the series so many times i thought i was the only one

i stayed up till 2:30 at borders to get the 7th book wearing a superman cape and carrying a lightsaber..........yeah im a rebel
*spits*
Last edited by Baldorr at Jul 1, 2008,
FOR GOD"S SAKE, IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE LAST BOOK YET, DON'T!!!!!

Seriously, it was awful. They were always declining in quality, but the last one was a HUGE step down. Do yourself a favor, don't read it. Make up your own ending. It couldn't be any worse than the actual book.

Actaully, the entire series is overrated, IMO. Totally unoriginal, poor characterization, lack of plot, action, motives, etc., not to mention the fact that so many ideas were ripped off from other books and stuff.
kill all humans
Harry Potter has the worst ending I've ever read for something not aimed at illterate 5 year olds.

I laugh with great relish at all the HP fanboys who eat up all the **** taht JK Rowling produced. (literally and metaphorically)
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Seriously, it was awful. They were always declining in quality, but the last one was a HUGE step down. Do yourself a favor, don't read it. Make up your own ending. It couldn't be any worse than the actual book.

Actaully, the entire series is overrated, IMO. Totally unoriginal, poor characterization, lack of plot, action, motives, etc., not to mention the fact that so many ideas were ripped off from other books and stuff.

i love you too

i seemed to think the 7th book was the best of the series and the books inclined in quality as the series went on.

contrasting views eh?

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Harry Potter has the worst ending I've ever read for something not aimed at illterate 5 year olds.

I laugh with great relish at all the HP fanboys who eat up all the **** taht JK Rowling produced. (literally and metaphorically)

i make a thread to tell people about the movie and already i have people threatening to burn my house down....oh dear.

i wouldn't call myself a "fanboy" but merely a person who enjoys a series of books.

please, bashing something obviously doesn't increase your brain capacity and/or add inches to your penis.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by alaskan_ninja
Do yourself a favor, don't read it. Make up your own ending. It couldn't be any worse than the actual book.

I've been doing that the whole time.

Screw you Ron, Hermione's mine.
.....Due to the fact that you are both republican and a fan of Harry Potter I will not waste my time posting a reply....

.....Dammit
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by Mr_Kite
.....Due to the fact that you are both republican and a fan of Harry Potter I will not waste my time posting a reply....

.....Dammit

if that's your attempt at getting quoted, please do it elsewhere
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799

please, bashing something obviously doesn't increase your brain capacity and/or add inches to your penis.

and lauding pieces of crap as great literary works doesn't do that either
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Waterboy799
i love you too

i seemed to think the 7th book was the best of the series and the books inclined in quality as the series went on.

contrasting views eh?

I agree. I hated the first book, and it nearly put me off the series. But I found that the story started getting more exciting and better as the series went on.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

Same here, my friend.

I just wish I could get back all the hours I wasted reading that pointless garbage. That pointless plagarized garbage. I want to kill that lady. Nobody rips off Kurt Vonnegut, NOBODY!! And the ****ing Bible...that is just too much. I hope she uses her ill-gotten money to buy a private jet which crashes in a ball of flames, killing her slowly and painfully.
kill all humans
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

well, maybe if you read my post you'll see that i was talking about the movie and that i haven't lauded anything as great literacy, but merely as something i enjoy reading. big difference if you ask me.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
well im finished reading the harry potter series for the umpteenth time (and i still picked up some tid bits i hadn't before) and i thought to myself "when are those movies coming out?"

well i looked it up, and in about .22 seconds (gotta love google) and found out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417741/

the half blood price is coming out in november

and...what's this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0926084/trivia

the final movie will be split into a Part 1 and Part 2?

do we finally get a movie version of the book with all the details? are we going to get to see the 7th book in it's entirety? it's a nice thought yes?

i thought it'd be interesting nice for other fans to know.

OLD NEWS. Sorry, but this was new info 3 months ago.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Same here, my friend.

I just wish I could get back all the hours I wasted reading that pointless garbage. That pointless plagarized garbage. I want to kill that lady. Nobody rips off Kurt Vonnegut, NOBODY!! And the ****ing Bible...that is just too much. I hope she uses her ill-gotten money to buy a private jet which crashes in a ball of flames, killing her slowly and painfully.

Dude chill out. It's just a book.
Geez hostility. I found HP books interesting....in 2nd grade
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

I don't believe he said they were great literary works, I think he just said he liked the books.

Damn literature snobs, just because someone hasn't read the latest Bukowski doesn't mean they can't enjoy Harry Potter.

Personally, I liked the last book, and the entire series, keeping in mind they were written to be accessible by kids.
i would have to say that the 5th book was my favorite. that umbridge was a character. a bit of a bitch, but a good character.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
Quote by Katar
Who's hotter? Emma Watson or Evanna Lynch?

Evanna 100x.

And, personally, I thought the Harry Potter books were some of the best books to come out in the past few years...

The movies never do them justice though.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by stringmagician
I don't believe he said they were great literary works, I think he just said he liked the books.

Damn literature snobs, just because someone hasn't read the latest Bukowski doesn't mean they can't enjoy Harry Potter.

just because someone has driven a Lamborghini doesn't mean they're excused for driving a Pinto

Quote by stringmagician
Personally, I liked the last book, and the entire series, keeping in mind they were written to be accessible by kids.

well thats just great. kids tehse days are suffering from lack of eductaion and this author decides to enforce that.
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Katar
Who's hotter? Emma Watson or Evanna Lynch?

and so it begins

its a relief to know that the final movie will be detailed. it would have been terrible if important bits were left out for times sake.

emma watson's hotter

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
just because someone has driven a Lamborghini doesn't mean they're excused for driving a Pinto

well thats just great. kids tehse days are suffering from lack of eductaion and this author decides to enforce that.

and why would it be wrong for said person to drive a Pinto? your analogy doesn't seem to prove your point very well...

if you think that only "uneducated kids" read this book series or kids get nothign from this book sereis then please leave my thread. a statement like that only portrays your true ignorance and is like saying only educated people listen to the band Rush.

please i made the thread to discuss peacefully not so people can come in and badmouth something they clearly don't like.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799

its a relief to know that the final movie will be detailed. it would have been terrible if important bits were left out for times sake.

I will agree with you there
its a shame when directors butcher the plot

Athough when it coems to HP there's not much to butcher
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Meh, the movies never did much for me, though I've found that as they progress, I like them more and more, and the 5th had some cool special effects.

But I can't imagine particularly wanting to see a part 1/part 2 unless I watched them back to back, I don't see how they would split it well.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

Oh good point, we should probably be giving kids books way out of their reading level so then reading can be a chore.

Also, your Lamborgini::Pinto analogy didn't make a ton of sense.
I've always thought the 5th book was he worst - movie once again reinforced that. I actually liked the 6th book, though i not too sure bout the new movies - not very hyped up about them.

I also doubt the same actors in the earlier movies (you know who i mean) will also be in the new ones too - they'll look too old by the time they shoot the next movies.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Where the hell do you get that from?!
Harry potter is AWESOME!
Some of the best characters ever written.
And considering HOW many books are out there, I would think by now all the differnt personalities have been done.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

J.K. Rowling needs to be sentenced to death for poisoning an entire generation of minds with her absolutely god-awful book series. Harry Potter is one of the worst things to ever happen to mankind, comparable to the Holocaust and hair-metal.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I either outgrew the series as it progressed or it somehow became remnant of every disney movie ever made. Maybe a touch of both, but the predictability of the last book is just pathetic.
Trust them to split the worst of the books into two films.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

The books are fantasy. Did you expect a fucking history book? Granted, it's nowhere near A Wizard of Earthsea or His Dark Materials or The Lord of the Rings or Narnia, but kids have to grow up reading something. I'd rather it be Harry Potter than the hundreds of literary blasphemies churned out over recent years.
Not to mention you're spelling and grammar makes your post rather ironic, talking about uneducated kids and whatnot.

On-topic - Personally, I liked the series. I really couldn't stand reading the whole series again, the movies just annoy me. Probably one of the better book series in recent times.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
The movies just butchered the **** out of the books...
Many many people like harry potter now because they just saw the movies, and have never read the book.
Insulting, I grew up watching Harry grow up, thats why I feel so much for the books.
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Quote by bigwillie
J.K. Rowling needs to be sentenced to death for poisoning an entire generation of minds with her absolutely god-awful book series. Harry Potter is one of the worst things to ever happen to mankind, comparable to the Holocaust and hair-metal.

+1

I never understood the entire hype. I hardly managed to finish the first book.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
The movies just butchered the **** out of the books...
Many many people like harry potter now because they just saw the movies, and have never read the book.
Insulting, I grew up watching Harry grow up, thats why I feel so much for the books.

+1

personally, i love the books. that's as far as i care. I like them, **** what other people think of them.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Page 1 of 2