Hello,

So I am thinking about getting a new head to replace my Marshall TSL-100. After talking to a few people I have limited it down to either a Bogner Ectasy or a VHT Pittbull Ultra-Lead. Both I have heard are very good amps I am looking for a kind of tone similar to the Marshall but with just a little bit more balls to it. Similar to Vai, Pettruci, Yngwie, ETC... So I would just like some opinions on both the amps How they play, tone, Pros, cons ETC. The only things I have heard bad about the amps are that Bogners are somewhat unrealiabe (PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM WRONG) and I am just worried that the VHT's are going to have to much gain to them then what I am looking for.

I am NOT looking for tones like Slipknot or any other type of Nu-Metal type of tone no affence to anyone who likes that type of distortion its just not for me.

I am more into tones like Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Romeo, Shawn Lane, Rusty Cooley ETC... ETC

Thanks,

Jake
well man I am not exactly trading it last night at a gig it died. Luckily I had a back up. I bought the head used a couple of years ago and it has given me tons of problems since then. Considering this has been the second Marshall I had give me problems I figure I better switch to a different company. Marshalls are awesome though I am not going to lie.
Quote by Fatal_Chaos
well man I am not exactly trading it last night at a gig it died. Luckily I had a back up. I bought the head used a couple of years ago and it has given me tons of problems since then. Considering this has been the second Marshall I had give me problems I figure I better switch to a different company. Marshalls are awesome though I am not going to lie.

I see.

Well, the Bogner is part of Vai's live rig, so with the right pedals you could get a Vai-ish tone. I'd suggest (as is obvious) trying both of them out if you can and seeing which one you like.

http://www.vai.com/Machines/livegear.html

There's a link.
If you're looking for shred tones, I honestly wouldn't be looking at either of those

Get a Soldano SLO100
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks man,

I think he used the Bogner during the "Sex and Religion" tour the problem is the closest place to try out both the amps is Texas and I am in Florida.
ive heard that VHT's are quite dry so maybe not so great for some shred tones although i spose paul gilberts tone is quite dry
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

VHT Ultra Lead 100 is great for Rhythm [chords, etc] but it does have a very dark tone.

A SLO100 has a brighter tone better for leads.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
The Bogner is pure sex. Great amp! Very Versatile! For me this wouldn't even be a choice. I'd go Bogner all the way without even second guessing.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
Might wanna ask the guys at Harmony Central before pulling the trigger. Very few of us have monster rigs and/or played with a boutique amp.

The SLO100 is a good suggestion though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Might wanna ask the guys at Harmony Central before pulling the trigger. Very few of us have monster rigs and/or played with a boutique amp.

The SLO100 is a good suggestion though.

But the ones who do have monster rigs and have played with boutiques have replied ;]

Harmony Central is a great place for review though.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by chase312
But the ones who do have monster rigs and have played with boutiques have replied ;]

Harmony Central is a great place for review though.

I'm not really talking about the reviews though, I'm talking about the forum members (*drools at their rigs*).
And you're right, the more experienced have replied aside from a few.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Ok cool I will check that out I checked out the reviews on the two amps but I will now go check out the forums. Appreciate it.
in this comparison, bogner, hands down. the pittbull i played was nice, but sure as hell not worth the money for the dark, overly dry sound. matrixclaw recommended the SLO, which is also a very good choice. However, noticing you likes, why not a Carvin X100B? They just reissued them, and I believe Becker and Friedmen used them for Cacophony (or whatever the group was they played in together), along with Vai and a few other shredders. It'd get you closer to their sound, and save you a LOT of money.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
in this comparison, bogner, hands down. the pittbull i played was nice, but sure as hell not worth the money for the dark, overly dry sound. matrixclaw recommended the SLO, which is also a very good choice. However, noticing you likes, why not a Carvin X100B? They just reissued them, and I believe Becker and Friedmen used them for Cacophony (or whatever the group was they played in together), along with Vai and a few other shredders. It'd get you closer to their sound, and save you a LOT of money.

True, I never even thought of that.

You can score a used one for damn cheap. I bought a halfstack for $600 and traded it for my friend's laptop and then sold the laptop and made $200

It's a great amp though, I kinda wish I hadn't traded it to him, but he needed a new amp BADLY.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com