Hey I'm kind of new and stupid about amp settings and such...and just kind of lost and need some direction. I want something similar to (though not exactly the same...I'll fiddle with it once I get it to sound like them to make it fit my taste a little) the album Deja Entendu by Brand New. For example, The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows. http://www.myspace.com/brandnew should be the first song on their player. I'm looking for the rhythm sound, not the lead sound. Sorry if this is a dumb and annoying question, but any help would be really appreciated...even if its not exact numbers, things like "high mids, low lows, middle highs" or something would even be helpful...the more the better. Thanks a lot.
Peavey Valveking 212 and a telecaster. Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that.
i would probably go with trebles at about 6 or 7,mids at 5, and bass at 7 or 8 or so i think that should give you a pretty heavy sound thats what a lot of metal and punk players use.
alright ill try that when people aren't sleeping. While we're here, can someone explain to me what resonance and presence do, and how to use them or not use them effectively? Thanks for the response roedy
Quote by WerdnaEgni
alright ill try that when people aren't sleeping. While we're here, can someone explain to me what resonance and presence do, and how to use them or not use them effectively? Thanks for the response roedy

did it not come with a manual............go to www.peavey.com and look for the manual. just because a setting would sound good with my guitar doesn't mean it would sound good for your guitar.
Brand New, especially on the Deja album, used some pretty nice amps.

jesse uses a stock tele (american im sure), matchless and orange amps.
he doesnt just a massive pedalboard..but songs like moshi moshi are good examples of him using a big muff pedal.

the tele and Peavey will sound similar..but keep the mids high and shape from there. i personally think it makes the sound that much sweeter and full.

"the quiet things.." uses a mid heavy, slightly about to break up clean.
the heavier tone..keep the mids around the middle area..treble and bass a little higher and presence (if you have it) low. gain not too high, but high enough so you get crunch.

if its too bright, roll it off on the guitar, as jesse controls a lot of his tones via. the volume and tone knobs on his tele's.
Last edited by godofshred at Jul 1, 2008,