I've heard a lot of people say that someone plays better than someone else cause they're younger. Like say a 25 year old and a 12 year old play the same song. they've been playing the same amount of time and the kid sounds way messier with his playing; he doesn't play it very well. But, people automatically say he's better cause he's younger. But isn't it important to judge how long you've been playing guitar, rather than how old you are? Also I've heard those racial stereotypes, like one person can be a great musician cause he's whatever race, but someone else can't be as good cause they're not. What I'm trying to say is, isn't it important how much effort you put in, instead of all that other stuff??
Yes, but people consider kids really talented if they can do something that they consider difficult, if they saw a child who couldn't do anything special, they'd probably dislike them, but the moment they see a kid playing a song they know on guitar, as horrible as they could be, if they're playing it in tune and it's recognizable, they're going to think they're talented (if they're not a musician)
Quite frankly I couldn't care less if someone is young and can play something; what impresses me is when people are young and can write original material that speaks to me. Anyone can learn to play someone else's music and make it sound good but making something new is a different matter; I'm not saying it takes a special kind of person but gneerally you get better at it with experience so if a young person can do it then it's impressive.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Age really has nothing to do with it. To paraphrase what XianXiuHong said above, it is the perception and perhaps age of the listeners that makes some biased and it doesn't take much to wow a neophyte. There are some 20 year olds that play better than some 50 year olds, but that doesn't mean that all 20 year olds play better than all 50 year olds. A musician should always be trying to improve so whether someone plays better than them or not shouldn't be a factor. If you have an attitude of the perpetual student then better is never reached.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by shredder.cheese
Age really has nothing to do with it. To paraphrase what XianXiuHong said above, it is the perception and perhaps age of the listeners that makes some biased and it doesn't take much to wow a neophyte. There are some 20 year olds that play better than some 50 year olds, but that doesn't mean that all 20 year olds play better than all 50 year olds. A musician should always be trying to improve so whether someone plays better than them or not shouldn't be a factor. If you have an attitude of the perpetual student then better is never reached.

+1