I just want to know the UG idea about Larrivee guitars. Do they worth the price?
^This isn't a fast forum. Give things time.

Larrivee makes very nice guitars. Some people think their tone is a bit bland while others really love it. No matter what you think of their tone, the quality of construction is very high.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by faramarz
well, I think "no answer" means it doesn't worth.

Don't listen to this guy. Larrivee's are great guitars for the money.
^-- haha that was the threadstarter

and yes, larrivee guitars are great quality.
Great quality. There's no question about that. Larrivees are one of the most solid feeling guitars in my opinion. I do not like most Larrivees, but that's just because the sound isnt for me. I know plenty of people who love them though.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Another thing to consider with Larrivee is the age of the guitar. They switched a few years back to a new factory here in California for the majority of their production. The high end models made in the original factory in British Columbia are supposedly more desirable.

A friend just picked up a used LV-09 from the Canadian factory era. It's all indian rosewood sides and back and sounds absolutely wonderful. I "borrow" it quite often.

-J

edit: This is not to imply there is anything wrong with the quality of the current production guitars. They are all top quality guitars.
I bought an L-05 fairly recently (like 2-3 months ago), am over the moon with it. Personally I love the tone of it. I didn't get on with their "D" models though, they sounded a bit dull to me.

My only complaint is those plastic tuner buttons, why any company uses those things is beyond me. Nothing but hassle, mine broke after about a month after I bought it. No biggie though, just swapped the tuners.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I have an OM-03 and love it.

And just to clarify about the factory locations, the 03's are still made in Canada, while the 05's and higher series are made in California.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It