our band is cruising through songs like crazy and my vocalist brought up a good quiestion....

we dont have a drummer,

would it be extremely lame to play a gig with a drum track / drum machine?

i just would like feedback whether you would or not?

thanks
-Frieden und Liebe-

Filial Piety

Filial Piety Band Website

Quote by Toker420
Holy diver is an awesome song that makes small children explode and drugs appear from thin air.
Sorta, but it would be waaay less lame to program song specific drums, as opposed to playing every song to the same beat.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
To many musicians, it's unthinkable to do such a thing, to many others, they don't see a problem with it.
I myself started in a band that comprised of me on bass and vocals, a guitarist and a drum machine. Some very good friends of mine called I.C.O.N. started out with a drum machine instead of a drummer and now they're supporting acts like Diamond Head and Blaze Bayley.
Practicaly every other act in the 80s comprised of two guys on keyboards and a drum machine.

So, even though it's a matter of personal taste, I'd have to say no, it's not lame to play a gig with a drum track/drum machine. Some would say it is, but then, it doesn't matter what you do, there's always going to be somebody that doesn't like your music or act anyway.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
but then, it doesn't matter what you do, there's always going to be somebody that doesn't like your music or act anyway.

+1

Great point.
It think it would be fine. Also, its just temporary right? It's always better to gig than not to.