we dont have a drummer and we have alot of ideas for songs...

i was just wondering what drum machine would be the best to record our songs?..

(we have everything but a drummer)

any feedback is good

thanks
-Frieden und Liebe-

Filial Piety

Filial Piety Band Website

Quote by Toker420
Holy diver is an awesome song that makes small children explode and drugs appear from thin air.
I second the EZDrummer suggestion. That, or NI Battery 3.

Programming an external drum machine on its own will be a tough job, especially if your songs are even slightly complicated.
Quote by MrPillow
Programming an external drum machine on its own will be a tough job, especially if your songs are even slightly complicated.

+1

I third EZDrummer.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
I recommend FL studio over EZ Drummer, it's a lot more versatile.

and as for drum machines, I can do whatever on one, no matter how complicated, but then again I have a lot of experience with things like that.

I recommend the Alesis SR-18 (or SR-16 if you want old school drum machine sounds)

you can't go wrong with the Boss DR-880 either, though it's kinda pricey.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jul 1, 2008,
Fxpansion's BFD2.
The closest you can get to a studio sounding drumkit on a software (and will sound better than your average drum recording). This software will seriously blow your mind away! Best acoustic drum programmer out there.
http://fxpansion.com/index.php?page=53&tab=148

And

Native Instrument's Battery.
If you're into the more experimental, Drum n Bass n those sorta drum sounds.
Best experimental, Dance, Hip-Hop, synthetic drum programmer.
http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=battery3
This is what i use too.
actually you can get whatever sounds you want out of battery, as it is essentially just a sampler designed for drum sounds, depends on what samples you get for it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
actually you can get whatever sounds you want out of battery, as it is essentially just a sampler designed for drum sounds, depends on what samples you get for it.

It is, but its more focused towards the synthetic type of drum rhythms. Its like you can get a metal tone out of a strat too, but you don't necessarily use it for playing metal...
Cuz a guitar like the Les Paul can sound better for playing metal.

Battery can be used to program acoustic drums but the BFD2 just does it better and sounds much more natural. It comes with a 50gb sample library and there are like a million dynamic features to it that you can tweak and play around with to make the drums sound real. BFD does it all for you, you've just gotta tell it what you want.
Battery does it too, but you'll hafta manually go around layering all the samples of different velocities and dynamics and fix the reverb, compression, EQ, limiter n everything in it cuz its not really built to sample big acoustic drum sets.
Does anyone know how i even get EZDrummer to work

I got it off BT somehow and all i see is installers and wav , midi. none made sense. Apparantly it has something to do with host programs, someone please enlighten me.
I love Acoustica Beatcraft, i tab out drums on guitar pro and then do it over on Beatcraft. Sounds real.
"I'll bite into your face just to be close to your eyes"
No hardware drum machine can match the realism and depth of the current set of drum software like BFD, DFH, Addictive Drums and EZDrummer. How you choose to program it is up to you but if you want natural-sounding drums then these four are the best out there.
its less about the program you get, and more about the samples you use. so long as you can control the volume on EVERY single drum hit, then you can make your lines sound passable and not as robotic.

the program i use allows me to do this. (modplug)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by howangcturtle
Does anyone know how i even get EZDrummer to work

I got it off BT somehow and all i see is installers and wav , midi. none made sense. Apparantly it has something to do with host programs, someone please enlighten me.

you need to run it with a program that will support VSTs such as Reaper.
Quote by moody07747
you need to run it with a program that will support VSTs such as Reaper.

Or Audio Units as in Logic and Ableton Live
or RTAS as in Pro Tools.
It may be a good idea to get a drum machine controller for the best of all worlds. M-Audio, Korg, and AKAI have their models...try playing with them to see which has the best feel.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Okay i finally got it to work through beatcraft. but how do I register a key on each of the drums?
FL Studio with EZDrummer.

I've lately been using FPC in FL Studio. Recorded our drummer playing each drum/cymbal individually, edited them in Audacity and then stuck them in that. Now I can create drum tracks that are basically his sound.
Last edited by ChrisN at Jul 4, 2008,
Best drum machine possible? http://www.oceanwaydrums.com/
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I had Battery 3 and loaded some acoustic drum samples in it..... big waste of time, tried for months to get a decent sound. EZDrummer is good but I think Addictive Drums is the best. Biggest problem with these programs to me is the cymbals. Addictive cymbals aren't obnoxious, they show up just fine. I also like how you can tweak the EQ, mic position and compression.