hello... I'm building a Les paul type guitar for my new alternative/ska, genre/band
my questions are
can some one get me a scaled lay out of a les paul?
is the teak I can get good for the alternative style? with a little ska?
how much will this cost me?
and were is the best place to order in to hong kong? by the way im an expat kid from australia, who lives in hong kong.
how will the teak wood sound?

thanks guys and girls, and I will put up some design photos later this week or tonight
Teak should be easy to get in your part of the world. Dont know about the tone never seen a guitar made from it but it will be heavy thats for sure. I dont have a scale drawing or plans I just traced my LP out on a piece of cardboard.
thanks tackleberry, I just remembered my friend has a les paul I can just measure it when I go to her place next, but if any one has plans for the les paul could you please send it to me?
also dose any one know the angle I need to put the bridge at? and how can I link photos from face book to this page
neck angle on a les paul is about 4 or 5 degrees and the body is tapered down to match
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
neck angle on a les paul is about 4 or 5 degrees and the body is tapered down to match

when you say neck you mean bridge or is the neck on a 4 to 5 degree angle?
Quote by zstuchalot
when you say neck you mean bridge or is the neck on a 4 to 5 degree angle?

I think that you have a LOT of research to do before starting to build a guitar. My advice would be to look through other build threads, from start to finish, to see what's going on.
Quote by -MintSauce-
I think that you have a LOT of research to do before starting to build a guitar. My advice would be to look through other build threads, from start to finish, to see what's going on.

I have done plenty of research, but I know not enough , oh well back to work... any other advise?
^ if you lay the body flat on a table, the neck slopes down 4 or 5 degrees in relation to the body... on a les paul, the top is carved to match the angle but the bridge (relatively speaking) will be way in the air compared to where the fretboard meets the body...

make sense?

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
^ if you lay the body flat on a table, the neck slopes down 4 or 5 degrees in relation to the body... on a les paul, the top is carved to match the angle but the bridge (relatively speaking) will be way in the air compared to where the fretboard meets the body...

make sense?

sort of, so from the body I have to carve the pocket doe the neck 5 degrees down?
oh by the way I want to make it a bold on, so I can modify it easy, if the neck breaks
you'll need to build a neck pocket jig and angle it up when you rout the pocket... or make it straight and build a special neck with the angle built into the hell... i've always wanted to try that

go to buildyourguitar.com and projectguitar.com if you need some resources

I can set up a system like the guy from 'buildyourguitar' has for hollowing out the neck,

oh oh and cause im a lefty will I need special hum buckers? I was thinking about buying a tone rider set they sound so nice and its not to expensive, and I was also thinking of being a bit funny (and because I love tele casters) put tele pickups in instead whats your opinion?