Hi all,

I'm new to UG and so far I'm liking the site.

I wrote this song while learning how to use cubase. It's still a work in progress, but I'd like to hear your thoughts!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/wadester/

Thanks,
Wadester
Last edited by wadester at Jul 1, 2008,
Awesome man . This is a really good song. Sounds very professional.

Great singing. It reminded me a bit of Dave Grohl. I realy wasnt expecting any vocals but it sounded good. really nice, simple drums to. Overall it seemed solid. (Although maybe a little unfinished?)

I didn't really like the first part of the solo unfortunately but the second part was awesome.

Be sure to check out my song (Found here) and leave a comment.
holy ****! you are a badass singer man. i wish i could sing like that. lol

really, i think it was a cool song. just some good rock n' roll. cool lead, cool riff. nice and simple. i liked it. and like i said, badass singing.

would you comment on my song? it's called rain on me.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/psychokiller99/

Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Seems like today is a good day for me on UG, Ive ran into some music I've really really liked!

Everything Sounds really good, I do think you should turn up the solo a bit.
The vocals= rock goodness
guitar=a solid rythm the whoole way through.
drums= a nice recording, sound professional.
bass=nothing too flashy of course.

The only thing I can say is to crank up the solo a little.

do you have a band btw?

good job!
crit mine
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822093
Wow, amazing. You sound just like Dave Grohl. I love the song man, keep it up.
Wow! great vocals! This is an awesome song dude, hope you have a band because this would be killer to hear live. As mentioned before the singing does sound quite a bit like Dave Grohl which is NOT bad thing. Very catchy. The sound quality is amazing, what did you use on it? Welcome to UG btw
I know your not supposed to do this, But I really want to thank everyone for their nice comments!! It seems I'm a better singer than I thought! LOL Not getting a big head though. The song is just a demo and I am gonna change it a bit, but now that I hear some of your comments it may help me in making a decision about where to make those changes.

Thanks again!!!

Wade
Quote by strat335
Wow! great vocals! This is an awesome song dude, hope you have a band because this would be killer to hear live. As mentioned before the singing does sound quite a bit like Dave Grohl which is NOT bad thing. Very catchy. The sound quality is amazing, what did you use on it? Welcome to UG btw

Thanks, I used Cubase to record the song. The rythym guitar is recorded direct into the computer with a Digitech Grunge pedal and a 5150 cab impulse file, the solo is miced, vocals are direct with Cubase deley effects, and the drums where created using Groove agent and a custom midi file.

Thanks again for your comment!!
that is some hot guitar playin! i love it. great solid riff. beefy tones. sounds great. great vocals. i love it

9.5 out of 10
Fender H Stratocaster USA.
SX P90 Mahogany Hawk
Gibson Les Paul Studio Double Cut

Delta Labs Tube Driver
Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion
Delta Labs Stereo Chorus
TC Nova Repeater
Korg Pitchblack Tuner Ped

Fender Super Champ XD
Everything in this song is recorded well. The guitars sound great and I love the effect on the vocals. The vocals themselves fit the song perfectly - you've got a good voice. Also, nice job programming the drums. You made the cymbals actually match with the song so it doesn't sound like a generic drum loop.

Thanks for listening to mine, I'll go check out your other thread now.
wow, that's really good

I like the riffage at the beginning and the tone of your guitar

you're a pretty good singer too, the only advice i have is maybe implement some sort of palm muting or strum pattern during the verses to drive the verses a bit more
Thanks for the crit. Wow sweet song man. your a great vocalist [as mentioned, it remined me of dave groul]. The riffs are awesome and everything fits perfectly. A killer solo would have been nice but then again it doent really need it. Thumbs up!
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Thanks for the crit.

This tune sounds great and very professional. If this is your first take with mixing and computer recording, it's a hell of a job. Your vocals is great too. Keep up the great work!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
great vocals and production, but i'm not really feeling the song lyrically. to me, and i'm just being honest, they seem so simple and elementary (and i guess even superficial) that you're almost selling yourself short because you've got so much musical talent. it just sounds like a tantrum. go deeper! i know you can! this is totally subjective, and you may disagree, but just my $0.02.

this is my latest, and i'm still experimenting on it lyrically (at the end)... but i tried to keep it simple but at the same time, i knew that i wanted the song to convey a relationship from whimsical beginnings to bloody end.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894554
Quote by vinestreet98
great vocals and production, but i'm not really feeling the song lyrically. to me, and i'm just being honest, they seem so simple and elementary (and i guess even superficial) that you're almost selling yourself short because you've got so much musical talent. it just sounds like a tantrum. go deeper! i know you can! this is totally subjective, and you may disagree, but just my $0.02.

this is my latest, and i'm still experimenting on it lyrically (at the end)... but i tried to keep it simple but at the same time, i knew that i wanted the song to convey a relationship from whimsical beginnings to bloody end.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894554

I don't disagree completely. It is very simple. But that's really the whole concept of the song. Keep it simple and relatable. IMO the best songs are simple. Musicly and lyricly. Sometimes when you complicate a song it makes it long and too hard to listen to, unless you can fill it in well with music. Obviously with how simple my verses are, I was having a hard time coming up with something to fill in the "dead air" so to speak. I'm still working on it though. But I doubt I'll change anything lyricly.

Positive's are nice. But negatives help the cause. So keep them coming.

Thanks for the crit.

-Wade
Instantly thinking quality sounds great, and the guitar is really catchy. The intro is awesome because it really demands attention. I like how the verses slow down a bit vocally. Your vocals are really strong, no complaining there. I like how it picks up in the chorus, I was thinking you'd lead into something really catchy. Personally, it's not really my style, but I can appreciate it. You're definitely a really talented songwriter.

And thanks a lot for commenting mine.
Writing while listening...

Intro - very catchy, nice riffing
Verse - very good voice, gratz, and solid instrumental work too
Chorus - fits very well with the whole piece, brings it together
Solo - good, liked it, again catchy, although not too technical, but that's by no means a bad thing, a technical solo wouldn't really go wth a song like that, that's where I mess up usually, while jamming songs like that, I try sweep/tap/shred in it, and it doesn't fit, but you nailed the mood there
Outro - again, a cool, catchy riff, over all great songwriting, keep it up man.
Sounds very polished and professional. Good mix, sweet guitar and the vocals are great. I really like the small amount of delay/reverb on the vocals, it fits perfectly. This song has a very classic rock feel. Great job!
Nothing to add to be honest. Excellent example of a bit of good old fashioned rock.