I left my laptop on a table while I did some hoovering,when I came back it was on the boot-up screen rather than IE-so i turned it off.

Now when I turn it on it says some stuff,something about a phylum,media test failed and then cannot find OS.

Any ideas what's up?

Sorry for the grammar I'm jusy too tired to bother with it right now.

Tim
I could have swore I already replied to this. I guess not.

It sounds like your bios is either screwed up or your hard drive went bad. When it starts up first check if the bios sees the hard drive. Then reset the bios to the default settings. And also, make sure that your hard drive is connected.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Then take it someone that does.

You want to pay for it with money I don't have?
Who makes the laptop? Ring up your manufacturer's tech support helpline and ask them what's going on. Are you still covered by warranty?
It's a Gateway,I don't even know if I filled the warranty thing in or not >.>
Quote by _Tim_
You want to pay for it with money I don't have?

Sorry mate, didn't mean it to sound sarcastic or anything, but personaly, I know sweet FA abouut computers myself but if something screws up, I know at least 3 mates who will happily pop around to have a look at it for me in return for a cuppa and a smoke. Which is what I was suggesting, not putting youself in debt.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Sorry mate, didn't mean it to sound sarcastic or anything, but personaly, I know sweet FA abouut computers myself but if something screws up, I know at least 3 mates who will happily pop around to have a look at it for me in return for a cuppa and a smoke. Which is what I was suggesting, not putting youself in debt.

Sorry,man I've been rather irritable at the moment.
I don't really have any mate that are exactly computer savvy that can just pop round and last time I took it to the guy at the computer place he ripped me off big time.