Ok, so, we've got a video camera with footage that I want to get onto the computer so I can upload it to YouTube. We've got a video capture card in one of our computers. However, I don't think we have the cable we need to connect the video camera to the computer. So what kind of cable do we need to connect them?
sig goes here
call the company from where you go tthe camera from
ask them for a cable
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
ask them for a cable
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
ask them for a cable

We got the camera from an auction.
sig goes here
a video capture card is to record TV to your computer. For a video camera, it should have came with a firewire cable to connect to a firewire port on your computer. You can probably get a firewire cable for $15. But you need to make sure you have a firewire port.
"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" - the Who
I would have thought that you could use a video capture card to record footage from your camera to your computer. Oh and we definitely don't have a firewire port, this computer's too old-school. What did they use before firewire existed?
sig goes here
USB was before firewire. The only major difference between the two is that USB is a lot slower in transferring data than firewire and those video files are LARGE so with a USB it may take a little longer than you'd like. You could buy a firewire port for $15-$20.
"That deaf, dumb, and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" - the Who
But supposing you don't want to buy a firewire port or your computer is too old to use one? Besides, I don't think we have the right port on our camera for a firewire cable. What kind of cable do you need to plug into an AV capture port? I'm pretty sure that's the right port on the card.
sig goes here
sigh take a picture of the inputs and outputs on your camera and well tell you what you need but im putting my money on firewire
Dick+strings= owww