I'm seeing Neil Young on the 6th of July which should be great, but I'm a little worried that he'll play a lot of his new stuff that I'm not too familiar with. I'm sure his new stuff is great, but does anyone here know/have seen him recently and know whether he plays mainly his new or old stuff or a mix of both because I like to go to concerts already knowing most of the artists songs. I know this is kinda the wrong forum but there is no Neil Young thread in the bands/artists forum and I need quick responses because I'm leaving for England tomorrow.

Thanks a bunch.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
If he's touring for a new album then he'll play mainly songs off of that but there will definitely be a mix of old and new.
I'm guessing a mix. He's got so many albums and so many classic songs that he'll have to play some of the old. He'll probably play a bit of new stuff, but people go to Neil Young to hear 'Down by the River' and all the old classics, so he'll probably play them.

PS. I am extremely jealous and hate you quite a lot.
he plays a big mix, i saw him a few months back and it was amazing.
Setlist:
From Hank To Hendrix
Ambulance Blues
Sad Movies
A Man Needs A Maid
Stringman
Try
Harvest
Love In Mind
Mellow My Mind
Love Art Blues
Don't Let It Bring You Down
Helpless (on guitar)
The Needle And The Damage Done
Heart Of Gold
---
Mr. Soul
Dirty Old Man
Spirit Road
Down By The River
Hey Hey, My My
Too Far Gone
Oh, Lonesome Me
Winterlong
Powderfinger
No Hidden Path
---
Roll Another Number
now extra flamey
I'm going to see him too! On the Belgian Rock Werchter Festival, July 4. I'll let you know what it was like.
And the set list posted above is one from his winter/spring tour. These are set lists from his current summer tour:

First show of the European tour:
Love And Only Love / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Powderfinger / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Old Man / Winterlong / No Hidden Path // Rockin' In The Free World / All Along The Watchtower

Second show:
Love And Only Love / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Powderfinger / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Old Man / Mr. Soul / No Hidden Path // All Along The Watchtower

Third show:
Mr. Soul / I've Been Waiting For You / Spirit Road / Love And Only Love / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Unknown Legend / Old Man / Words / Get Back To The Country / No Hidden Path // A Day In The Life

I think they look rather good, but I'd love to see Cortez and Tonigth's the night, so I hope he puts that in the encores or something.
Quote by hendrixfanatic
I'm going to see him too! On the Belgian Rock Werchter Festival, July 4. I'll let you know what it was like.
And the set list posted above is one from his winter/spring tour. These are set lists from his current summer tour:

First show of the European tour:
Love And Only Love / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Powderfinger / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Old Man / Winterlong / No Hidden Path // Rockin' In The Free World / All Along The Watchtower

Second show:
Love And Only Love / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Powderfinger / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Old Man / Mr. Soul / No Hidden Path // All Along The Watchtower

Third show:
Mr. Soul / I've Been Waiting For You / Spirit Road / Love And Only Love / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Unknown Legend / Old Man / Words / Get Back To The Country / No Hidden Path // A Day In The Life

I think they look rather good, but I'd love to see Cortez and Tonigth's the night, so I hope he puts that in the encores or something.

Awesome . Thanks for the response.

EDIT:
Quote by SmarterChild

You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Have fun!

I was going to go, but the tickets were really expensive and I wasn't sure what it would be like it. Neil's pretty unpredictable...
Quote by SmarterChild
I'm guessing a mix. He's got so many albums and so many classic songs that he'll have to play some of the old. He'll probably play a bit of new stuff, but people go to Neil Young to hear 'Down by the River' and all the old classics, so he'll probably play them.

This is how I feel too!
Quote by wiggyisgreat
If he's touring for a new album then he'll play mainly songs off of that.

Not necessarily.

I've seen Rush, AC/DC, Metallica, Deep Purple, Coheed and Cambria and more, and each of them only played about two to three new songs in their sets.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Last edited by [x]Huffy[x] at Jul 1, 2008,
I just got back and he was awesome! He did stick to the previous posted set lists, though. Here's what I remember, I'll post the exact set list tomorrow.

Love And Only Love / Hey hey, my my / Spirit Road / Everybody knows this is nowhere / When you dance I can really love / All along the watchtower / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Old Man / Unknown legend / Words / No Hidden Path - Encore: A day in the life
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Not necessarily.

I've seen Rush, AC/DC, Metallica, Deep Purple, Coheed and Cambria and more, and each of them only played about two to three new songs in their sets.

Agree'd.

I've seen Mark Knopfler on the Kill To Get Crimson Tour and he played like two songs off the album. The rest was all of the good old stuff.
Okay, you're going to see an awesome show, and some great guitars (He played Old Black and Hank, a Les Paul Junior, a Gold top with the same pickups as Old Black and a white Gretsch). Here's the definitive set list:

Love and only love / Hey Hey, My My (out of the blue) / Everybody knows this is nowhere / Spirit Road / When you dance, I can really love / ****in' up / All along the watchtower / Oh, lonesome me / Mother earth / The needle & the damage done / Unknown legend / Heart of gold / Old man / Get back to the country / Words / No hidden path
Encore: A day in the life
Last edited by hendrixfanatic at Jul 5, 2008,
Never been a fan of his electric bluesy stuff. I think he's an awful lead player. So many flat or sharp bends.

His folky stuff on the other hand. AMAZING.
Quote by metal Lover
Never been a fan of his electric bluesy stuff. I think he's an awful lead player. So many flat or sharp bends.

His folky stuff on the other hand. AMAZING.

I never understood why I love his soloing so much. But I do and it wouldn't be the same without the terrible bends and stuff