Im looking to jazz up my epi lp, and i wanted to put a strat neck on it :O but the scale for a start neck (the one im looking at is 25.5) but my epi neck is 24.75

Now i dont really know what the scale exactly does. But i really just want to know, will the 25.5 neck fit on my Epi
I saw some one doeing it the other way.. So he made a LP Neck fit a strat body.. I made a body myself once and I also had to make the nech perfect fit on the connection. I suggest if it doesn't fit, then you should maybe use some sanding paper to make it fit or use a router if you have one...
Or jsut don't do it if you're not sure about doing the right thing...
A couple of things to think about... the size of the neck pocket, and the angle of the head stock, plus you might have to change the bridge and bridge position... There might be a way to have someone custom build you one that would fit the body. I dont mean any offense, but it doesn't sound like it would look kosher..Kinda like a shemale (lol)...The parts are supposed be somewhere else. Having said that, I applaud you for "drawing outside the lines" and being different. Good luck!
If the neck fits, you'll have to measure the distance from the bridge to the nut, then move the bridge to make sure that the scale length is 25.5".
Depends sometimes it will work sometimes not. If a strat neck will fit it that would help. I put a conversion neck from warmoth on 1 of my strats. No moving the bridge involved. So no reason it couldnt go the other way. Fender made the mustangs at one time with 2 scale lengths available 22 and 25.5 same body just a different neck for the 2. The length of the neck from heel to nut is lengthened or shortened instead of the bridge being moved. So it may work it may not what kind of LP body do you have with a bolt on neck?
In theory its pretty simple but on an LP it kind of a pain in the ass, cause you will have to move the bridge back and since its a tune-o-matic you will have to fill the bridge post holes. Plus its a set neck, you will have to glue it properly and you will have to have the right angle on the heel of the neck (not sure if gibson puts angle on neck heel or in the neck pocket, correct me if I'm wrong) It seems like a lot of work for a very little difference in scale length, but best of luck if you choose to do it.

Bass-man43
Quote by Bass-man43
In theory its pretty simple but on an LP it kind of a pain in the ass, cause you will have to move the bridge back and since its a tune-o-matic you will have to fill the bridge post holes. Plus its a set neck, you will have to glue it properly and you will have to have the right angle on the heel of the neck (not sure if gibson puts angle on neck heel or in the neck pocket, correct me if I'm wrong) It seems like a lot of work for a very little difference in scale length, but best of luck if you choose to do it.

Bass-man43

Nah, he has a Special II, so it's a bolt-on flat top. You will still have to move the bridge back, however. IMO I don't think it's worth it at all.
You will have to be sure the 12th fret is in the center (from the bridge to the nut) or you will not be in tune as you go down the neck. So what ever you do the nut to the 12th fret should be the same distance from the bridge to the 12th fret.