Well I'm ordering, soon, a Cube 30x from Thomann and it costs 215 euros. The shipping cost is 20 euros but if you make an order above 299 shipping is free so I'm thinking on making an order close to 300 euros.
So is there anything worth buying close to 100 euros?
I'm thinking of getting the harley benton gah5 which is a nice 5 watt tube amp which will be a good deal imo.
But because I don't know much about gear, is there anything you can suggest to me that costs close to 100 euros?
Thanks in advance.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
I want a practice amp at bedroom levels. I like blues, rock, metal. The thing is that I want to focus more on metal and I know cube 30x can handle it.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lc15_b_stock.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/laney_lc15110.htm

This + overdrive pedal. The first one is b-stock, but it's not a problem I think, and for the rest of the money you could buy a good overdrive, or even distortion pedal like Metal Muff. It's 15 watts so it's loud, but they sound good on bedroom levels.
Do you believe that it will sound good on low volumes, or should I get an attenuator too?
Also are you sure it can handle metal?
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
i would say a pedal , or a better amp . a friend of mine has a Cube 60 and it's very cool imo
I'm more into progressive metal, like Tool, dream theater, opeth, pain of salvation, psychotic waltz.
Most loved tone would be psychotic waltz one from bleeding album, and I also adore opeth's tone.
Also what do you know about B-stock items in thomann? This amp looks like a good deal.
Moreover what about the low volumes sound?
Sorry for the questions but you seem that you can help and I thank you for it.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Last edited by dungeon at Jul 1, 2008,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-edreEI9fY

Here's an example of Tool played with LC15, just guitar straight to the amp, without additional overdrive. With an overdrive it would have more gain, of course. Also, you can always buy a Metal Muff, it's a great pedal, still you could prefer a more natural tube overdrive than analog pedal.

I have no idea about thomanns b-stock items :p Probably someone bought this amp, decided that it's not for him and returned it. It should be in perfect condition; if I were you I'd buy it because it's practically a steal for that money.

Quote by helsinki_vampir

Nice idea, but the Peavey Royal 8 doesn't have full EQ, so EQ pedal would also be needed to achieve truly metal sounds.
Last edited by zombiak at Jul 1, 2008,
What is your definition of high gain?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by zombiak
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l-edreEI9fY

Here's an example of Tool played with LC15, just guitar straight to the amp, without additional overdrive. With an overdrive it would have more gain, of course. Also, you can always buy a Metal Muff, it's a great pedal, still you could prefer a more natural tube overdrive than analog pedal.

I have no idea about thomanns b-stock items :p Probably someone bought this amp, decided that it's not for him and returned it. It should be in perfect condition; if I were you I'd buy it because it's practically a steal for that money.

Nice idea, but the Peavey Royal 8 doesn't have full EQ, so EQ pedal would also be needed to achieve truly metal sounds.

Yes I saw that link thanks. If I got this lc15 I think it would be better with a OD pedal, but which one?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

My definition of high gain is : Opeth, Tool, Dream Theater, Psyhotic Waltz maybe even Lamb Of god.

Also will this attenuator help me to get nice tone at low volumes? I don't know If it is appropriate for Lc 15, if it's not tell me which one is.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_db400.htm
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
Last edited by dungeon at Jul 1, 2008,
should be able to handle it then.

and yeah make sure you buy a eq right away with it when you buy the peavey. I totally forgot that it only has a tone knob and not a 3-band eq.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by dungeon
Yes I saw that link thanks. If I got this lc15 I think it would be better with a OD pedal, but which one?

Also will this attenuator help me to get nice tone at low volumes? I don't know If it is appropriate for Lc 15, if it's not tell me which one is.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_db400.htm

The attenuator looks a bit cheap-ish, but it should do the job. I've heard a lot of good things about Weber attenuators, but as far as I know they are unavailable in Europe.

Good overdrive...budget option is a Bad Monkey, many people on UG use them and are satisfied with the tone. Ibanez Tubescreamers are good, but they have their famous 'mid hump', so it's a matter of taste. There are also BOSS OD's, but I don't know much about them.

If I were you, I'd look for homemade Tubescreamer clones in Greece, here in Poland there are some guys who build truly awesome OD's (quality similar to Fulltone effects) for a reasonable price. I bet there is at least one such guy in Greece, too.
Ok Zombiak what you suggested makes really good sense to me and thanks for that.
I might be getting that lc15
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
get a new tube, a spider to cube is not an upgrade whatsoever

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
get a new tube, a spider to cube is not an upgrade whatsoever

From what I hear here in UG you are wrong. I would like to remind you that my search is for Bedroom level practice amp
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
if your already getting a cube 30, then why do you want to buy another amplifier with it?
if it's 30 watts chances are you'll be using it as a practise amp, and you'll be jamming with it. instad if use use the rest of the money to buy a decent effects pedal you'd be better off, as the effects can the be used with other amplifiers too. another option is to get a larger amplifer instead of the roland cube 30, maybe a cube 60.
best of luck with your deal!
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist