Page 1 of 2
Have you ever done this? Go to www.thisdayinmusic.com and enter your day and month.

And it shows all the birthdays for that day. Here's mine for Jan 17th. Some good ones!
(I left the bad ones out).

1943, Born on this day, Chris Montez, UK singer, (1962 UK No.2 & US No.4 single 'Let's Dance').

1948, Born on this day, Mick Taylor, guitar, John Mayalls Bluesbreakers, joined The Rolling Stones, in 1969 left in 1974. (1971 US No.1 & UK No.2 single 'Brown Sugar'). Also worked with Bob Dylan, Mike Oldfield, Jack Bruce and Ron Wood.

1955, Born on this day, Steve Earle, US singer, songwriter, (1988 UK No. 45 single ‘Copperhead Road’, Country and independent No.1 album ‘Trancendental Blues.’ Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, Gretchen Peters, Shawn Colvin and Eddi Reader have all covered his songs).

1956, Born on this day, Paul Young, singer, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Wherever I Lay My Hat, That's My Home', 1985 US No.1 single 'Everytime You Go Away'. The Streetband, (1978 UK No.18 single 'Toast.' Also lead singer with 1980's Q-Tips a soul covers band.

1958, Born on this day, Jez Strode, bass, Kajagoogoo, (1983 UK No.1 single 'Too Shy').

1959, Born on this day, Susanna Hoffs, guitar vocals, The Bangles, (1986 UK No.2 single with Prince song 'Manic Monday', 1986 US No.1 single 'Walk Like An Egyptian').

1960, Born on this day, John Crawford, bass, keyboards, Berlin, (1986 UK & US No.1 single 'Take My Breath Away').

1961, Born on this day, Dave Collard, keyboards, Jo Boxers, (1983 UK No.3 single 'Boxer Beat').

1963, Born on this day, Andy Rourke, bass, The Smiths, (1984 UK No.10 single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now', plus 15 other UK Top 40 singles).
I share a birthday with the singers from R.E.M. and Ash, which is cool because I'm a good fan of both.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
John Frusciante
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
June 13th
1940, Bobby Freeman, singer.
1943, Esther Ofarim, singer.
1949, Dennis Locorriere, guitar.
1951, Howard Lees, Heart.
1957, Rolf Brendel, Nena.
1963, Robbie Merrill, bassist, Godsmack.
1968, David Gray, UK singer, songwriter.
1968, Deneice Pearson, 5 Star.
1969, Soren Rasted, Aqua.
1970, Rivers Cuomo, Weezer.
1976, Jason Brown, vocals, Five.
1981, Kymberley Marsh, singer, Hear'Say.
Oh hell yeah! Dave Grohl

Edit:

I realize this is a pop star thread. Never mind.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Last edited by kikaykitko at Jul 1, 2008,
Tonk Banks Genesis
Mariah Carey
Sarah Vaughan
Fergie Black Eyed Peas

March27th
Today (July 1st)
Missy Elliot, probably the only one most people on here have even heard of.
Not a pop star, but Dan Aykroyd from the Blues Brothers.
Fred Schneider from the B-52's.
Roddy Bottum from Faith No More.
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Kirk Hammet!!!!

i only just found that out then.... how awesome !!!!

thanks for the site you made my day
K, so I haven't checked in a while, but I'm pretty sure I share a birthday with

1) Obama
2) Dylan and Cole Sprouse (from the disney channel)

W00t!
1968 - 1996

Remember... Everything.
Jan 17th is my bday too. Alex from Atreyu and I have the same first name and birthday. XD
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by sashki
CTB and the Olsen twins...

i don't know which is worse tbh.
Quote by sashki
A pair of anorexic crack *****s....or the Olsen twins....

Nah, I'm kidding. Sorry, dude.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
A guitarist from Avril Lavigne's band.

Does it actually say that?

1983: A Guitarist From Avril Lavigne's Band born in Iowa. Parents sued for disobeying naming law.
Quote by mattyp90
I share a birthday with the singers from R.E.M. and Ash, which is cool because I'm a good fan of both.

that's odd, so do i...

january 4th?
"1962, 12 year old Little Stevie Wonder recorded his first single for Motown Records, 'Thank You For Loving Me All The Way.' "

Stevie Wonder is the man.
April 11.

I share my birthday with Joss Stone...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
October 23rd
1943, Born on this day, Greg Ridley, bass player, Spooky Tooth, Humble Pie, (1969 UK No.4 single 'Natural Born Bugie'). Died on 19th November 2003.
1949, Born on this day, Michael Burston, Motorhead, (1980 UK No.15 single 'Ace Of Spades').
1953, Born on this day, Pauline Black, vocals, Selecter, (1979 UK No.8 single 'On My Radio'). TV presenter
1956, Born on this day, Dwight Yoakam, country singer, (Guitars and Cadilacs).
1957, Born on this day, Kelly Marie, singer, (1980 UK No.1 single 'Feels like I'm In Love', written by Ray Dorset of Mungo Jerry).
1961, Dion started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Runaround Sue', it reached No.11 in the UK.
1962, 12 year old Little Stevie Wonder recorded his first single for Motown Records, 'Thank You For Loving Me All The Way.'
1963, The Beatles completed the final session for their second album ‘With the Beatles’ recording ‘I Wanna Be Your Man.’ The group then drove to London airport for a flight to Stockholm, Sweden to start their first foreign tour. The Fab four were met at Stockholm airport by hundreds of girl fans that had taken the day of school.
[more]
1964, all four members of US band Buddy and the Kings were killed when they hired a Cesna Skyhawk to take them to a gig in Harris County. Piloted by the bands drummer Bill Daniles, the plane crashed nose first killing all on board. Singer with the group Harold Box had replaced Buddy Holly in The Crickets after his death in a plane crash. He sang lead vocals on 'Peggy Sue Got Married.'
1966, The Jimi Hendrix Experience recorded their first single 'Hey Joe', at De Lane Lea studios in London.
[more]
1972, Born on this day, Richard McNamara, guitarist, Embrace, (2006 UK No. 2 single ‘Natures Law’, 2006 UK No.1 album ‘This New Day&rsquo.
[more]
1976, appearing at The ICA, London, The Clash.
[more]
1976, Chicago started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'If You Leave Me Now'. It was the group's 18th Top 40 and first US No.1, also a No.1 in the UK.
1976, The Jam played an afternoon show in Soho Market, London.
[more]
1980, appearing at The Bridge House, Canning Town, London, Depeche Mode, tickets 60p.
1982, Culture Club were at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me', the group's first of 12 UK Top 40 hits.
1982, The Damned released an album titled 'Strawberries' packaged with a Strawberry-smelling lyric sheet.
1984, Sade kicked off a 12-date UK tour at Newcastle City Hall.
[more]
1987, The film 'Who's That Girl' starring Madonna opened in London, England.
[more]
1988, on the UK CD chart; Luther Vandross at No.3 with 'Any Love', No.2 U2 'Rattle and Hum' & No.1 Dire Straits 'Money For Nothing'. The 12 inch chart, Milli Vanilli 'Girl You Know It's True' at No.3, Enya 'Orinoco Flow' at No.2 & No.1 D Mob 'We Call It Acieed.'
[more]
1989, Nirvana played their first ever European show when the appeared at Newcastle's Riverside Club in North East England. It was the first night of a 36 date European tour for the group who were sharing the bill with Tad.
[more]
1993, Meat Loaf had his first UK No.1 with 'I'd Do Anything For Love' (But I Won't Do That'). It stayed at No.1 for seven weeks.
[more]
1993, Take That scored their first UK No.1 album with 'Everything Changes.'
[more]
1994, Crash Test Dummies kicked off an 8-date UK tour at Rock City, Nottingham.
1995, Def Leppard gave themselves a place in the Guinness book Of World Records, by playing three gigs in three continents in 24 hours. Tangier, London and Vancouver.
[more]
1999, Bobby Willis, manager and husband of Cilla Black died.
1999, the wife of Los Lobos singer Sandra Ann-Rosas disappeared. Police charged her half brother Gabriel Gomez with the kidnapping and murder.
2002, Kanye West was involved in a car crash after he fell asleep at the wheel while driving home from a recording studio in West Hollywood. No other cars were involved in the incident which left West with his jaw fractured in three places.
[more]
2005, US rapper Cam'ron was taken to hospital in Washington DC after a man attempted to steal his sports car at traffic lights. A single shot passed through both of Cam’ron’s arms.
2006, South African singer Lebo Mathosa was killed in a road accident aged 29.
2007, Rapper Foxy Brown was given 11 weeks in solitary confinement after fighting with another inmate in prison. She was also said to have been abusive to guards and refused to take a random drug test. Brown was serving a year in jail for violating her probation after a fight she had in a New York nail salon.
2007, British and Dutch police shut down a "widely-used" source of illegally-downloaded music after raids in Teesside and Amsterdam as part of an Interpol investigation into the members-only website OiNK. The UK-run site had leaked 60 major pre-release albums this year alone.
1943, Born on this day, Nick Nicholas, Steppenwolf, (1969 US No.2 & UK No.30 single 'Born To Be Wild').

Joy of joys...
Fidel Castro. Damn.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Quote by The Blind Man
Man, I get the bass player from Air Supply.

Siiiiick.

I got Brad Whitford (guitar player for Aerosmith)
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Stevie Ray Vaughn, Gwen Stefani, Tommy Lee..and Kevin Richardson. Yes, the guy from the Backstreet Boys.

1941, Born on this day, Joan Baez, US folk rock singer, songwriter, (1971 US No.3 & UK No.6 single 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down').

1944, Born on this day, 1944, Jimmy Page, guitarist and producer, Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin. 1969 US No.4 single 'Whole Lotta Love.' The bands fourth album released in 1971 featuring the rock classic 'Stairway To Heaven' has sold over 11 million copies. The Honeydrippers, (with Robert Plant, Jeff Beck & Nile Rodgers), 1984 US No.3 single 'Sea Of Love'. As a session guitarist in the 60's played on 'Here Comes The Night' by Them, 'Shout' by Lulu and The Who's 'Can't Explain'.

1950, Born on this day, David Johansen, vocals, The New York Dolls, 1973 album 'New York Dolls'. Now a solo artist and actor. Played Buster Poindexter in Saturday Night Live House band.

1967, Born on this day, Dave Matthews, guitar, vocals, Dave Matthews Band. (1998 US No.1 album 'Before These Crowded Streets', 2001 US No.1 album 'Everyday', 2001 UK No. 35 single 'The Space Between').

1978, Born on this day, A.J McLean, vocals, Backstreet Boys, (1997 US No.2 single 'Quit Playing Games With My Heart', 1999 UK No.1 single 'I Want It That Way').
Michael jackson.
1987, Rick Astley's debut hit 'Never Gonna Give You Up', started a five-week run at No.1 on the UK singles, became the biggest selling single of 1987.
Page 1 of 2