Seeing as il be starting uni pretty soon and i dont have a current account i will probably need to open one. The only problem is I don't know which one to go for. Im not going to choose one for free gimmicks though. I checked this site and out of the shown examples RBS and Halifax/Bank of Scotland look like the best options. Are they actually any good, and are there any other accounts that are worth checking out?
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I'm going for Natwest. Roughly the same overdraft terms and they give you a railcard for 5 years.
Every student in the UK pretty much uses NatWest. £1-2000 free overdraft, free railcard, branches on every campus I've visited.

I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't use NatWest to be honest.

They're pretty damn good too - a few times I've been paid late or something and had to find the money for rent - they've always sorted me out with a higher overdraft when I've needed it.
Last edited by smb at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by blue_strat
Was your first thought really, "I'll ask a guitar forum"?

Well its best to get a wide source of information, and there are people here who are students who will have a good idea of what is a good deal and what isnt.
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Quote by smb
Every student in the UK pretty much uses NatWest. £1-2000 free overdraft, free railcard, branches on every campus I've visited.

I can't think of anyone I know who doesn't use NatWest to be honest.

They're pretty damn good too - a few times I've been paid late or something and had to find the money for rent - they've always sorted me out with a higher overdraft when I've needed it.

I'm with HSBC, I get a £1500 overdraft but I'm thinking of moving to natwest for the free railcard. HSBC would rather reposess your stuff then give you an extra week to get back into credit.
Quote by smb

I'm with NatWest on a standard account, and they are TERRIBLE. Customer service is awful.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

I can't say I've had very good experiences with RBS customer service wise.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...