I've been looking at guitars online, paying attention to the wood and pickups, and I'm seeing fender strats, alder body and maple neck for like £350, then i see a stagg strat copy for £99 that uses alder wood for body and maple for neck and 3 single coil pickups. I'm not really wondering what makes them different, im more curious about what makes them worse.

A.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-standard-strat/1010

B.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-s-300-lh/67028

i know that a few things are different, like the headboards and the hardware isn't of the "fender label", but in what respects would you say make the stagg overall worse than the fender?
- The anti-yamaha.
Dont. Get. A. Stagg.

You will want to kill yourself. Over and over. Trust me.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
hehe, thanks for the heads up

while we're talking, what about comparison between squier start and fender strat?
- The anti-yamaha.
Quote by Kraplach

while we're talking, what about comparison between squier start and fender strat?

I'm not too sure, but I'd assume it's the quality of wood, the quality of the pickups, and the overall effort that was put into making it.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by The Picker
I'm not too sure, but I'd assume it's the quality of wood, the quality of the pickups, and the overall effort that was put into making it.

"Ding ding ding! Gutter, tell us what he's won!"

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by sashki
The wood itself is different, too: squiers use Agathis.

I think a squier would be more solid than a Stagg, but that doesn't mean it'll be good. Just get the fender if you can

Heh, I assume that's what he meant when he said "quality of wood." As in, poorer quality wood type.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Squires are good if you're just beginning but if you're looking for something that will last more than a year and a half at most I'd go with the Standard Strat.
Set Up

Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Fender Princeton Chorus Amp
Fender Acoustic 12 String
Samick Acoustic 6 String
Line 6 POD X3 Live
how often are you in tokyo (it's in your location box)? if you're there a lot, pick up an MIJ tokai/edwards/greco/fernandes/blade or even a fender japan non-export strat. those'll annihilate a fender MIM. and since you're in japan, they'll be excellent value.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?