So I've noticed that there is a Wilco thread in this forum, but there is no Son Volt Thread. Now what's up with that?

While I don't think that Son Volt is quite as good as Wilco, they're a great band nonetheless. Jay Farrar, to me, is the new Neil Young, but only if Neil Young was dead. So when Neil Young dies he will be the new Neil Young...even though he has been alive and famous and Neil Young hasn't died yet (assuming he ever does, which I hope he doesn't).

I'm really fond of the album Okemah and the Melody of Riot, particularly the song Jet Pilot.

So...discuss!
love drown of course...imo when uncle tupelo broke up jay had the most potential with son volt, but wilco overtook him...i didnt like their stuff outside of their debut up until the most recent cd, which is fantastic...
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
Quote by thepatman0
imo when uncle tupelo broke up jay had the most potential with son volt, but wilco overtook him

Which I believe results from the fact that Wilco has consistently released very strong albums and has a style that appeals to a wider audience than the music of Son Volt does.
yep...jay seems to be kinda stuck in his one style
Gear:

Ibanez Artcore TXD (Semihollow)
Fender Tele
Line 6 Spider II 2x12
Squier P-bass
Cubase LE
Tascam us122l
MXL mic

favorite band:Raconteurs/QOTSA

LOOKING FOR A GRETSCH!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SELL OR TRADE YOURS!!!!!
I personally like Uncle Tupelo more than Wilco or Son Volt, but they are all awesome bands