so i just got my schecter c1 plus in the shop for a seyup bring it back home n everytime i touch a string even lightly with my pick it makes a tut sound then string makes the nosie no what i mean? like i hear myself picking over the and it piss's me off so much what should i do or are my pickups going bad?
what are you saying?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
when i strum a string a hear a tut come out of my amp when the pick touchs the string like if i was muting it but im not and right after i still hear the sound its suppos to make
Quote by slashrock94
what amp have you got

+1
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
that happened to my old charvel...still dont know whats wrong with it
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
i just tried it out on a clean n twang setting n its fine only on metal settings it does that
oh shoot im not even sure n are u positive its my gain cuz before the setup i played it on the same settings n it didnt happen
I just came on to check the same thing.
I use a Line 6 spider III aswell but I think they are right with the too much gain thing.
Here's a video of what I'm experiencing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7fGLqVJ5dQ
You can clearly hear the pick, especially on the last scale.
Quote by Demonikk
Sig quotes can't be raised in captivity as you are trying to do, they must be taken from their natural environment, the vast plains of the pit for them to be truly beautiful

B# and E# exist. IN THEORY.
Prove me otherwise on your guitar.