Whenever I pull off to or play an open D, the body/neck vibrate uncontrollably, the neck pickup vibrates (it actually makes a tone, it's quite odd), and there is buzzing in the nut. What could be the cause of this? This is only noticeable unplugged, although the excessive vibration is extremely annoying.

Can anyone help?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Check all parts that may rattle. Check the pickup. Take it out and put foam underneath it to mute the vibrations or something.

In the worst case, it's your truss rod, but that's only in an emergency situation.
I doubt it is the truss rod. The bridge is fine. The tailpiece shouldn't do anything. I'll do the the thing with foam the next chance I get, but why would the body and neck be vibrating so much? I've looked at the nut slot, and it seems to be slightly mis-cut, but I don't think that's the problem.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There should be no faom under a Les Paul pickup. The springs on the height ajusting screws provide the back pressure. This may be a natural resonance occuring. The tailpiece of you LP can transmitt the vibrations to the body. Is it by any chance all the way down onto to top? IF so, try raising it a little and see if that helps.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
There should be no faom under a Les Paul pickup. The springs on the height ajusting screws provide the back pressure. This may be a natural resonance occuring. The tailpiece of you LP can transmitt the vibrations to the body. Is it by any chance all the way down onto to top? IF so, try raising it a little and see if that helps.

alright thanks for the advice, I'll try that.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden