Hi, my Antoria Telstar (Telecaster Clone), makes a funny rattling sound when it is put down (gently). my first thought was the strap button, took it off, no difference, then, i thought about the truss rod, but its a bullet truss so i would be able to see it shaking about n stuff. Basically I'm screwed. Any ideas?
Not necessarily screwed. Hopefully your truss rod isn't broken due to overtightening sometime in the past. If your neck is OK and the truss rod is loose you may be able to tighten it up just enough to stop the rattle & before it has any affect on your neck. By this I mean turn it to the right just enough that you start to feel a tiny bit of resistance only.
It may also be a loose pickup in your pickgaurd if you have one?
Good luck and let us know if this worked.
Moving on.....
i tightened truss rod at quarter of a revolution at a time, and made no difference i stopped at 1 and half revs. turns out, it was a tuner that was loose. thanks for your help anyways!
1 and a half? Dude, wouldnt that break it?
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by n47713
i tightened truss rod at quarter of a revolution at a time, and made no difference i stopped at 1 and half revs. turns out, it was a tuner that was loose. thanks for your help anyways!

Hopefully you've restored the truss rod to it's original setting. If you had a loose tuner, the other may becoming losse too. It may be wood shrinkage which happens to guitars. Next time you change your strings you could check each tuner out.
Moving on.....