This morning I didn't have anything to do so when I was looking on here to find out the problem with my G string, which was buzzing at the bridge I quickly fixed that and used the website 83lespaul is giving out and stumbled upon a bass teaching website that was made by the same people and I can safely say today I've learnt more theory than every before, I can now read music alright, not brilliantly but I now understand it at least and I also learnt a lot about chords, scales etc and know to apply them to music. And I thought that I should do this for everyone else who is looking to learn a bit of theory the websites www.studybass.com. And well just from like 4 hours of reading up, practicing stuff and writing notes I think I've become a better person.

Just sharing my enlightenment into the realms of theory which I am actually amazed about, since doing all this I've created some pretty mediocre basslines that actually use proper theory and sound GOOD I am sorry I'm making this pretty pointless topic but I'm just proud of myself and very glad some guy took the time to do this for us bassists.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Hey i use studybass too, its really great but i dont get to spend alot of time at it, its not a pointless topic id say your helping quite a few people because everyone at some stage needs help on this and your pointing them in the right direction, and congratulations on getting all that in 4 hours now go forth and shock the world with your newfound awesomeness!
lol, I think I'm gonna do an hour of it plus my usual hour of other practice with songs, techniques etc. So I can begin making better basslines and better songs.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Everyone should have at least some understanding of theory in my book.

Congrats.
I'm someone who's been classically trained since the age of 8, but to be honest, i rarely use any of the traditional notation, it's just impractical for bass (like all sheet music).
On the other hand, it really helped my ear and that makes improvisation and picking stuff up very easy now. I'd say anyone who wants to should try and get to know music theory, but to be honest it's neither necessary nor common for a bassist, so don't get too obsessed with interrupted cadences or anything.
Nice one

I'm no theory expert by any means, but I'm trying to learn and it's nice to be able to put words to what I hear and have better ideas for what to play.
Good Job.

Now you can move on to the joys of the circle of fifths, modes, and the natural progression!
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW