So I don't play my old xbox anymore since my cousin chewed through the wires. I was wondering if I could gut the xbox and take out its decent graphics card and put it into my computer. Would it be compatible? I can't get any games on my comp because of the ****ty card that came stock with it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
nah
Sharing is caring
Fuck the RIAA

- Gear -
ESP LTD MH-400
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox AD30VT
Zoom G2.1u
You'd probably end up with a burnt motherboard, so no, don't try it.
I'm a communist. Really.
From another site:

XBox does not have a traditional graphics card. It uses a uniquely designed onbaord video GPU designed by NVidia to be comparable to the GeForce 3 series. However, it is not a graphics card in the physical sense that you can remove, the chipset is right on the motherboard, saving space for M$ in their system. It might be kind of nice, but by now, it'd be pretty outdated anyways...
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Quote by ShaunDiel
+1. I defiantly wouldn't risk it, especially doing it yourself, because you could end up with no xbox AND no computer.

Damn. Cause I'd rather get a free graphics card from my xbox than pay like 100some dollars for a NVIDIA or ATI card.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
No. It's totally different. Xbox's are integrated and you can't take stuff out. On computers, you just put it in the slot. It wouldn't be very good anyways.

Download this http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz_146.zip. Go to the mainboard tab and tell me what it says under graphic interface. That way I can tell you what card you can get.

Quote by Slaytanic6606
So I don't play my old xbox anymore since my cousin chewed through the wires.

Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Slaytanic6606
So I don't play my old xbox anymore since my cousin chewed through the wires.

Wut??
Quote by 100%guitarmad

Your cousin chewed through the wires?!

LOL WUT

He was like 5 and thought he was a dinosaur.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Slaytanic6606

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
just save up 160 bucks and buy a new not outdated one designed for a computer
PSN: KevGuy47
------▓▓▓▓▓
----▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
----▒▒▒░░
--░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░░░
--▒▒░░░░▒▒▒▒
------░░░░░░░
----▒▒▒▒▒
--▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒
░░▓▓░░
░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
----▓▓▓----▓▓▓
--▒▒▒--------▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒--------▒▒▒▒
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Uhh, story of my life.
..Your cousin chewed through the wires? Either he's a stu'nad of the highest magnitude OR he's 3 and your family left him unsupervised to chew through wires.. either way, there was evident negligence here..
Quote by Kevguy47
just save up 160 bucks and buy a new not outdated one designed for a computer

I actually do have 500 dollars left from my guitar fund, but Idk what to do with it. Buy an xbox, buy a bike or buy a decent amp.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I actually do have 500 dollars left from my guitar fund, but Idk what to do with it. Buy an xbox, buy a bike or buy a decent amp.

If your computer is old, you are gonna have to get an old card. It will probably be less than $100 if that's the case.

You can't remove the graphics card from an xbox. Even if you could, it's based of the nVidia Geforce 3 series, which is really old.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Masonpwiley
If your computer is old, you are gonna have to get an old card. So it will probably be less than $100 if that's the case.

I don't have an old computer, just a crappy graphics card that they put in stock. It's an HP a706n.
But I think I'll just get a job when I turn 16 and save up for a Gamer Paladin or something.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I don't have an old computer, just a crappy graphics card that they put in stock. It's an HP a706n.
But I think I'll just get a job when I turn 16 and save up for a Gamer Paladin or something.

I just Googled that PC. It has an AGP slot. It's old, but at least it has that.

Here's a decent card that doesn't cost too much. SAPPHIRE Radeon X1650PRO 512MB
Quote by Slaytanic6606
Damn. Cause I'd rather get a free graphics card from my xbox than pay like 100some dollars for a NVIDIA or ATI card.

No you wouldn't, the xbox has a GPU quite alike the Gefore 3 TI series. Complete old-hat now.

100 dollars for a 9600gt would be money very well spent.

I play TF2, the new runescape, GRID, Quake Wars : Enemy Territory, Day Of Defeat Source, Quake 4, Half Life 2 & Counter Strike Source all on max detail with no lag.

So I am happy!
Quote by Slaytanic6606

I bet he was disappointed when he found out he wasn't.
I know I's be disappointed if someone told me I wasn't a dinosaur.
Quote by MightyAl
I bet he was disappointed when he found out he wasn't.
I know I's be disappointed if someone told me I wasn't a dinosaur.

He's 9 and still doesn't realize he isn't a T-rex.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Slaytanic6606
He's 9 and still doesn't realize he isn't a T-rex.

It's not a widely-known fact, but the T-rex was, as well as being a huge great bitey thing, was also a master of disguise. So he may well be a T-rex.
all you can get from an xbox is its hardrive and dvd drive
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Quote by Jackolas
No you wouldn't, the xbox has a GPU quite alike the Gefore 3 TI series. Complete old-hat now.

100 dollars for a 9600gt would be money very well spent.

I play TF2, the new runescape, GRID, Quake Wars : Enemy Territory, Day Of Defeat Source, Quake 4, Half Life 2 & Counter Strike Source all on max detail with no lag.

So I am happy!

Totally kikin man, sumtimes I listen to Linkin Park while I play Runescape! LOL !HIM!
“Act the way you'd like to be and soon you'll be the way you act.” - Leonard Cohen

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius