My girlfriend wants a guitar for her birfday. I was looking at this refurbished ebony Epiphone Les Paul for $329 and then it hit me......shes a lefty. I forget sometimes because she has learned to do things with her right hand.

Dose it really matter if she gets a left or right handed guitar? She is not sure herself because she has learned to do things with both hands so I defer to you guys.

Lefty or a righty?
Just because she's left handed, doesn't mean she plays left-handed. Let her see your guitar and see which way she automatically holds it. If it's left, get a leftie. Simple as that. It'd be way to rough trying to teach her how to learn completely from scratch(not even being able to hold the guitar). And I doubt you want to mod a guitar. Just try her out first.
Just let her try yours out. Simple as that. If she holds it lefty, get her a lefty. Don'r make her learn it righty if it's not natural.
I have a friend who's ambidextrous. He writes with his left hand, and does everything else right handed. Honestly, I would take her out to a guitar store and have her try out both and see which is more comfortable.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
We are going to go to the store now. At first she liked to hold mine right handed but I kept telling her that she needs to hold it the other way because she is left handed and I think I just ended up confusing her.
If you can get her to try it out right handed you would be best off. Being a lefty completely blows when it comes to both selection of guitars and price.
Just let her try it, I'm right handed but I just naturally picked up guitars left handed. It just never felt right holding it right handed so i play lefty guitars. Whatever feels natural is the way to go imo.
Switzerland is small and neutral! We are more like Germany, ambitious and misunderstood!
Quote by Woelfe
If you can get her to try it out right handed you would be best off. Being a lefty completely blows when it comes to both selection of guitars and price.

yo hes right! i do everything left handed but i still play a right handed guitar. and if she does things with both hands than i would highly recomend going with the right hander.
Well after going to Evans Music City, Rockin' Robin, Southpaw Guitars and Guitar Center(twice) she decided on the right handed Taylor Big Baby from Rockin' Robin. They had it marked up to $598.00 but sold it to us for $449.00 with some goodies thrown in without us even asking. They just threw in some extra strings, picks, and a couple other things I think and told us it was $450. We practiced tonight and she totally loves it.