i've been playing bass for about 2 years and it has come to me i can't do anything like
this
|----------|
|----------|
|-2h5p2|
|----------|

cleanly
anyone got any good excercises to help me improve on this
just practice doing fret stretches, start with the biggest stretch you can do and when you can do it comfortably extend it by a fret. like starts by doing ---2h4p2--- and when you can do that with no problems then move up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
if all else fails, slide up to 3 a little bit to do the hammer on and then back just after the pull off
Rockin' shit
Spider scales. Best exercise in the world for stretching. I bless the day that someone showed me them; I can now nearly manage a 5 fret stretch with my midget hands.

Google the term, there's quite a few you tube videos and lessons out there that show you the technique.
use your pinky
w/o bass n drums, there wouldn't really be rock music.

Schecter is pronounced 'Shek-ter', right? I don't want to walk in and say, "Hey, can I try out that Sketcher?" and have the helper reply with "Wtf, we don't sell shoes!"
Quote by basser4ever123
use your pinky

No, really?

I don't like the 2h5p2 1h4p1 type deals too (though I like how they sound..)
Chromatic excercises. One finger per fret on the bottom 4 frets. Helps perfectly.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Go fret 1, then 2, 3, 4 for long perids of time.

Once that is super easy, 1, 3, 5, 7

That will keep you as good as you need to go in hammer-ons.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Grow a sixth finger.

(Just make sure you don't grow another thumb, though!)
So an irishman walks out of a bar.