I was wondering what UG's opinions were on a couple guitars and if you guys could recommend me a guitar.

I'm willing to spend a little over a thousand but I'd rather spend around $700-$800. Leaving my some left over money for a good amp.
I play mostly metal/hard rock but I'm really looking for something that could give me a classic rock feel if I wanted it. (Ie: Guns N' Roses that type of stuff)
I read through the guide and I would like the guitar to have the following things. They don't HAVE to be there but you know I really like um.
-Made of Mahogany
-Jumbo Frets
-A thin neck (this one is a must)
- Humbucker Pickups
-Ebony or Rosewood fret board
- Neck-thru-body or set in (in other words I don't want a bolt in neck)
- Hard-tail.
- There HAS to be an inlay of some sort. I hate playing a guitar and not having the dots or shark tooth inlay or somthing there.
I really don't want any tremelo either.

I've been looking at these two guitars:
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html
The MH-400NT

Set-Thru
25.5” Scale

Mahogany Body
Quilted Maple Top

Maple Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard

42mm Earvana Compensated Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

Grover Tuners

TOM Bridge

EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u.

Finish: STBLK
What I wonder about this guitar is how big is the neck cause I really want something smaller. And about how much would this run me? (canadian)

And the
RGA321F Prestige
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/fit,400by400/RGA321FSPB-85ecf2aaa31a795448e15d19293a6b90.jpg

neck type 5pc Wizard Maple/Walnut neck
body Flamed Maple/Mahogany body
fret Jumbo frets
bridge Gibraltar Plus bridge
neck pu DiMarzio® IBZ-N (H) neck pu
bridge pu DiMarzio® IBZ-B (H) bridge pu

Concerns with this guitar would be how much would this cost (canadian) and I'm wondering abut the pickups too, are they any good?

Thanks for the help in advance.
first up, great avatar. trailer parks boys for the win!

that ibanez has a bolt-on neck as far as i'm aware. the pickups are decent. The rga121 is almost the same guitar, though, minus the fancy flamed top and the pickups. would save a lot of cash, and allow you to pick your own pickups. EDIT: the other thing I'd say is that the rga121 i tried was pretty bright-sounding- that thick maple cap plus bolt-on maple neck means it doesn't really sound like you'd expect an all-mahogany guitar to sound...

if you decide on the LTD, i'd be inclined to go for one with duncans rather than emgs to be honest, if you want to get nice classic rock tones too. EDIT: though the metal tones won't be as good... there's going to be some compromise.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the hardtail hellraiser is pretty much the same as those ESP's ur looking for, but the hellraiser gives u the option of single-coil mode. i dunno how thin the neck is though... so look up the schecter hardtail hellraiser. its $700 new
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
If you order the MH-400NT on the internet, it'll run you about $680 USD ($694 CAD) whereas the Ibanez would probably run you about $1200 CAD... as said before you should probably go with the RGA121 as it goes for $900 CAD, so you'd save a bunch of money.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
the hardtail hellraiser is pretty much the same as those ESP's ur looking for, but the hellraiser gives u the option of single-coil mode. i dunno how thin the neck is though... so look up the schecter hardtail hellraiser. its $700 new

+1 schecterss are the ****!
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
well if your willing to spend a bit over $1000 check out a custom Carvin dc127. It is a neck thru , 2 humbucker guitar, and you can choose what kind of wood, the finish, inlays and whatever else you want. Carvin makes great high quality gear.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by Raijouta
If you order the MH-400NT on the internet, it'll run you about $680 USD ($694 CAD) whereas the Ibanez would probably run you about $1200 CAD... as said before you should probably go with the RGA121 as it goes for $900 CAD, so you'd save a bunch of money.

I don't plan on ordering online but I might try and get a local store to order one in for me. Honestly my biggest problem with he RGA121 is the friggin Emerald and Crushed Ruby Colour. I HATE it. So is there any way to geta different colour cuase those are the onll to colours listed on the Ibanez site.

Cheers Dave_MC TPB are FTW

Oh and does anyone here own a Hellraiser cause i'd lke to hear more about them.
^ ah, yeah, those colours suck. Last years ones (maybe 2006?) came in a brown colour, and natural. The brown also looked pretty crap, but the natural finish was very nice. if you could find a shop that still has those (and then try to bargain them down because they're "discontinued" models), that might work.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?