Ok I hope this is the right forum. Basically I got a Schecter Damien with a Floyd Rose the other day. Now I didn't like the strings it came with so after looking around on the internet I figured out how to change the strings. On the last three strings (G, B, and high E), I had to push down on the bridge itself so that I could get the allen wrench in there to unclamp the strings, almost stripping the interior of the clamping screw (I don't have a better word to call it besides that). So finally all the strings are changed, and I noticed when I finished tuning the low E and A strings there was a terrible buzz, even when played open. SO I now want to raise the action, and if it's possible raise the bridge part so that I don't end up stripping the clamping screw. But I want to know if there's anything I should know beforehand so that I don't ruin this guitar. Can anyone help me with this?
all you do is use your allen key (anticlockwise) on the two posts on which the trem is sitting.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226

the very first diagram in the first post, the part labelled "pivot screws".

It'll take care of it if the problem is a too-low action. from what you said about having to push down the bridge to get at the string clamps, it does sound like your action is too low.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem

if that doesn't cure it, your best bet is to post in the guitar setup thread (as you might need to tweak your truss rod).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Entropy
Ok I hope this is the right forum. Basically I got a Schecter Damien with a Floyd Rose the other day. Now I didn't like the strings it came with so after looking around on the internet I figured out how to change the strings. On the last three strings (G, B, and high E), I had to push down on the bridge itself so that I could get the allen wrench in there to unclamp the strings, almost stripping the interior of the clamping screw

did you take all the strings of at once?

i think thats a big no no with floyd roses
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
^ well spotted, I don't know how i missed that!

yeah, you shouldn't take all the strings off at once. at least without jamming something in the way to balance the springs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by rancidryan
did you take all the strings of at once?

i think thats a big no no with floyd roses

indeed it is.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.