Okay so i changed some guitar strings, and i was doing my high e string, and i cant get it to tune, the guitar tuner wont go over to the e, its stays on the d, and its pissing me off, im afraid to keep tightening, because i dont want to break the string, im leaving for vacation tommorow and bringing my guitar with me, i cant get strings till i come back. what should i do? restring it?
didn't you just restring it? why would you do it again, but anyways try to tune it by ear if the tuner is annoying you.
You could have made a mistake so just take it off and but it on again. To be honest I would just keep tightening it because D is so close E
learn to tune buy ear, and when you change strings the string goes out of tune a lot till its stretched out.
Have you tried fretting the 12th fret to see what it does?

I use various different tuning methods, some qwiktune devices, some software, and if whatever I'm using is having trouble detecting a string (usually low E) i fret the 12th fret, which is the same note, but an octave higher. Some devices seem to recognise that easier for some reason.
Have you tried fretting the 12th fret to see what it does?

I use various different tuning methods, some qwiktune devices, some software, and if whatever I'm using is having trouble detecting a string (usually low E) i fret the 12th fret, which is the same note, but an octave higher. Some devices seem to recognise that easier for some reason.