Im a newbie. Nothing more than $400, but not a piece of ****. No Squier guitars.

I want an Epiphone I think. I want to play Led Zeppelin, Black Crowes, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Aerosmith, STP, Motley Crue Lynyrd Skynyrd, Doors ZZtop, Guns n roses, Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Sublime. So quit a bit of variety. My uncle is sponsered by gibson/epiphone so im thinking of getting an Epiphone. Is this a good choice?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top-Electric-Guitar-103812863-i1149387.gc

I like blues rock the most.
Epiphones are always a great choice
Epiphone G-400!!!!!!!!

Washburn Bass!!!

Cordovox tube amp

Crate bass amp!!!

Kustom PA
I have the same Epiphone and these are great guitars in my opinion and mine can be really versatile so probably yeah its a great choice of guitar
a used Epi Les Paul Standard runs at around $350 used. That would be a great choice. I myself am getting one in a month.

What kind of amp do you have/plan on getting?
O O

___
Some dude is selling his epi lp plain top used for 180 on craigslist, i really want to buy it from him, but unfortunately i dont have the money. Otherwise i'd have one right now, and i tried it out and **** and its in very good condition...............................but damn i suck for being poor. But yeah get it, if your uncle is sponsored by epi/gibson then ask him to order you one, if they're sponsored they can order guitars and get them at factory price, so you pay much less than you would at a store or online.......unless you're lying.......
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Epis are good guitars. Good for the working man. Get a Les Paul.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
My brother has an atomic amp or something its a tube amp.

My uncle is sponsered by Epiphone/Gibson thats why im getting one of those because he can get me a discount.

My brother is getting a Mesa Boogie amp because my uncle is sponsered by them as well and gets a discount on them. So for now an atomic tube amp and a Mesa Boogie later.
Quote by this&that
Some dude is selling his epi lp plain top used for 180 on craigslist, i really want to buy it from him, but unfortunately i dont have the money. Otherwise i'd have one right now, and i tried it out and **** and its in very good condition...............................but damn i suck for being poor. But yeah get it, if your uncle is sponsored by epi/gibson then ask him to order you one, if they're sponsored they can order guitars and get them at factory price, so you pay much less than you would at a store or online.......unless you're lying.......

Im not lying, my uncle is the singer/guitarist of Damiera. India/Math Rock band from Buffalo, New York. He is on Equal Vision Records with Coheed and Cambria, Chiodos. Thats how he is sponsered by them is because he is on a record company.
Yeah, the standard is definately the way to go, it suits you perfectly, and you can get it brand new with your uncle's discound for probably a used price.

Lucky b@stard! Lol.

I've been working this summer for one, USED! Eh, good for you though, take care of it when you get it, haha.

One more question, are you asking for a guitar that would be $400 after his discount, or are you gonna get one that would've been that price new, cause if you've already got the money, get one for more than that price, if you can get a discount.
O O

___
I dont know about how much of a discount he gets for guitars. I THINK he gets 70% of Mesa Boogies.

Here is the deal with guitars.... depending on how much of a discount he gets off is how expensive of a guitar i will get. If its not a huge discount then i want that guitar in that link. If its a good discount then i will get a cheaper Gibson. My parents are paying for $100 of it too, so im getting alot off.
70% of a Mark IV. I want
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
That LP is pretty good for the music you want. You may want to swap out the pickups though, since Epiphone pickups generally suck.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by aerosmith513
I dont know about how much of a discount he gets for guitars. I THINK he gets 70% of Mesa Boogies.

Here is the deal with guitars.... depending on how much of a discount he gets off is how expensive of a guitar i will get. If its not a huge discount then i want that guitar in that link. If its a good discount then i will get a cheaper Gibson. My parents are paying for $100 of it too, so im getting alot off.

Well... i've heard a lot about highend epiphones are better than lower Gibsons, if you're gonna get a Gibson les paul Studio, try out a lot of them till you find a good one, i hear they're pretty hit-and-miss.

If his discount is larger, i'd recommend a Epi Les Paul Custom.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Well... i've heard a lot about highend epiphones are better than lower Gibsons, if you're gonna get a Gibson les paul Studio, try out a lot of them till you find a good one, i hear they're pretty hit-and-miss.

If his discount is larger, i'd recommend a Epi Les Paul Custom.

im playin a studio right now. Its my brothers.
Quote by aerosmith513
im playin a studio right now. Its my brothers.

I've heard that you can find a really good one, but you have to play a lot of them because some can be crap.

But hey, if you can afford it go for it.

Is his good?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
I've heard that you can find a really good one, but you have to play a lot of them because some can be crap.

But hey, if you can afford it go for it.

Is his good?

I think so.

He got it off guitarcenter.com i think because they didnt have the one he wanted in color in stores.

He also has a custom built Fender Jazzmaster that is really beautiful sounding.
Quote by aerosmith513

The standard plus top is just a little more because of the wood, it's flame maple and it has the little ripples, it has some certain sound quality to it, and it looks a little better. But even though that pic has a black one in it, look at the ordering choices, no ebony, haha. Most people get it for the looks of the flameburst.

I don't know too much about the Ultra, but it says something about an acoustic simulator, it looks weird. I don't know, though, honestly.

but about the Standard plus top, it's just maily for the looks for it, but if you want black, the plain top is just as good.
O O

___
Quote by aerosmith513
I want sunburst

Well, the plus top is what you need. The plain top has a sunburst, but it looks too flat, and mellow. But the plus top has, like i said, flame maple wood, and it gives it a little more tonal advantage, but mostly those little ripples in the wood, and that's what people like most about them.

Well, i'd say get the plus top. They look magnificant.

You see, THIS is flame maple... \/ as apposed to regular maple (notice the ripples)
O O

___