Page 1 of 2
Not seen a thread dedicated to our favorite authors. Go ahead, tell who you enjoy reading the most.

I really enjoy Stephen King a lot. He's very dark, but humorous. He always makes his characters believable.

I just finished The Drawing Of The Three and I'm taking a break from the Dark Tower series to read IT, which is amazing!
Christopher Guttirez
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I love Stephen King, but I've never gotten around to reading 'It'. How is it?

I'd have to say my favorite author is Tom Clancy. But Stephen King is a close second.
i LOVE Raymond E. Feist. read most of his books ^_^
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Terry Pratchett is probably my ultimate favourite. Can't beat a book that has a great story, is funny in its own right and choked full of satire.
Albert Camus because The Outsider = best. book. ever.
Kurt Vonnegut at the moment and i've just started getting into Stephen Fry aswell and a bit of Ben Elton.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Philippa Gregory atm, author of The Other Boleyn Girl and all the other books in that 'series'.
♥xx♥

Ohh Come On!!.. Has nobody mentioned our own personal Ultimate Story Writer: Nolan Whyte
Great stories

I read Stephen King when I'm on vacation
Quote by badgerkid
George Orwell because 1984 = best. book. ever.

Oh yes.

I do really quite like Tess Gerritsen tho, perhaps my favorite living author.

And J.K. Rowling.

AAAHHHH! *deploys Pit retardant bubble shield*
Rudyard Kipling
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
H.P. Lovecraft
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Quote by badgerkid
George Orwell because 1984 = best. book. ever.

+1. Animal Farm is close to as good as 1984 imo. Orwell is just amazing.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I thought there was already a thread on this, but oh well. Mine's Hunter S. Thompson. Anyone who is able to make politics interesting and relevant to me gets my respect. I also love his humor.
I really enjoy random authors like Nic Sheiff (sp) Anthony Kiedis, Niel Strauss, Irvine Welsh, William Burroughs, Chuck Pahalnuck (sp), umm probably alot more, but yeah
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
George orwell
Robert Jordan
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Stephen King is such an overrated author it makes me cry inside. Sure, I enjoy him for some light reading (and I'd say It and The Stand are high in my favourite books) but my God, he's not that complex and is nothing special.

My favourite author is Jerome K. Jerome, perhaps the only 19th Century writer I can stand. Wilde is good, but he only wrote the one novel, so I don't count him in authors.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
James Joyce

EDIT: ^ I completely agree with your comment on Stephen King (except for The Stand/It being in my list of favourite novels).
Last edited by xX*Zeppelin*Xx at Jul 1, 2008,
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Stephen King is such an overrated author it makes me cry inside. Sure, I enjoy him for some light reading (and I'd say It and The Stand are high in my favourite books) but my God, he's not that complex and is nothing special.

My favourite author is Jerome K. Jerome, perhaps the only 19th Century writer I can stand. Wilde is good, but he only wrote the one novel, so I don't count him in authors.
I'm like a third of the way through "wizard and glass" I was quite enjoying the dark tower series until the sickening stupidity of the Roland/Susan love story.
Christopher Pike. If anyone here knows of him. The Last Vampire series is awesome. And two characters have the last name "Gibson" and "Fender", which leads me to believe he's a guitarist...
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm like a third of the way through "wizard and glass" I was quite enjoying the dark tower series until the sickening stupidity of the Roland/Susan love story.

I've read two books of that series (Wolves of the Calla and The Gunslinger, in that order) and saw the other day that The Works was selling Song of Susanna, in a nice hardback edition, for £1.99, so I got it. Though this love interest you mention disturbs me
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Page 1 of 2