I tried out a BUNCH of od pedals in GC and my local store, and as I was playing I noticed that they seem to have a problem with brightness. I played a strat and a tele, and all the od pedals I tried seemed to take away the brilliance and sparkle of the single coil tones. Sure, the pedal increased the output and gain, but are there any pedals out there that can push the amp without taking away that single coil tone? Or was I just using it wrong?

I tried the Boss sd-1 and blues driver, the digitech bad monkey, and the DOD 250 preamp through a blues junior and a Traynor YCV20 (which I own).
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
idk what style u play but the MXR Zakk Wylde pedal is a great one. It doesn't change any part of the sounds, it just adds good overdrive. Or try the Ibanez Tubescreamer if u haven't already
the marshall jackhammer doesn't take that single coil tone away. I have my Boss DS-2 which i use as a humbucker boost, and my jackhammer which is a single coil boost because it retains the brilliance. The DS-2 also removes it, then again, its meant to be a distortion pedal, not a clean-boost

I will say, i do have a little bit of gain on the JH too, its at about 10 o'clock.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
What were your settings?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Might've been your settings, yeah.

Also, some amps don't take pedals well.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by LiE_iN_SiLeNcE
idk what style u play but the MXR Zakk Wylde pedal is a great one. It doesn't change any part of the sounds, it just adds good overdrive. Or try the Ibanez Tubescreamer if u haven't already

no, the ZX MXR adds a little fuzz in addition to the OD, it's definatly not one of the colorless OD pedals.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I can't say this for sure, but it could've had something to do with you trying more budget OD pedals. Maybe try out some higher quality pedals like a Maxon OD808, etc.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...