Page 1 of 2
Sing incorrectly, as in yell instead of actually sing.

I was just seeing peoples thoughts on some popular singers and what you guys thought they do wrong.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
most mainstream singers have never heard the word "diction"
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Haha you know, just use poor technique and stuff.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Most people on here listen to singers who grunt, make pig noises, squeal and make other assorted noises other than singing. That said, most people on here are spotty mid-teen oiks with arse-length hair.
Tom Araya doesnt sing a lot of the time, more like yells. Slayer is cool though.
Quote by Burnt Ice
Tom Araya doesnt sing a lot of the time, more like yells. Slayer is cool though.

**** YEA!
Quote by Aidy Damage
Most people on here listen to singers who grunt, make pig noises, squeal and make other assorted noises other than singing. That said, most people on here are spotty mid-teen oiks with arse-length hair.

that would be me

both of them
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
I agree with the diction part, most of the time I am wondering what the **** is being said.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
i don't think any singer sings incorrectly. they all sing in the right way for their songs.

it just depends on how they want to sing it
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by Aidy Damage

yes. and i enjoy it.
Quote by Aidy Damage

Every time bad singing is brought up, someone throws in that New Order video.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Haha. I guess most singers don't sing incorrectly. I was just talking about what bugs people about certain singers and techniques that are used really I guess.
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:

Amps:

Effects:
Quote by Hdap101
Every time bad singing is brought up, someone throws in that New Order video.

Might have something to do with the fact Bernard Sumner can't sing to save his life and wouldn't know a tune if it bit him on the ass.
Quote by Roookie
Ummmm.... What about Soulja Boy?
YAH TRICK YAH TRICK YAH

Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Aidy Damage

I couldn't agree more...which is why that type of music gets boring, because it's ALL the same.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
Quote by vonfeldt7
I couldn't agree more...which is why that type of music gets boring, because it's ALL the same.

Oh yeah, get ready for flame-age. I agree actually, but yeah. Let's get FLAMED together.
I think I should start a group where we can hide in a flame-proof bunker, safe in the knowledge that we have superior music taste. Necrophagist my sweaty British balls!
Quote by Aidy Damage
I think I should start a group where we can hide in a flame-proof bunker, safe in the knowledge that we have superior music taste. Necrophagist my sweaty British balls!

I would agree on the flame-proof bunker, but I don't believe in the existence of superior taste >_>

I do however believe in superior CAEK.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Most mainstream vocalists are pretty good.
Its the more underground vocalists who usually can't sing...

3... 2... 1... aaaaannnnd... FAIL.
Most "indie" bands have crap singers
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Jehuty
Let's start the Church of Cakeafarianism with Matt Bellamy as our God. Given the fact that we both worship him.

Done.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Craig Finn from the Hold Steady can't really sing conventionally, but his sing-speaking works perfectly with their songs. I can't imagine them any other way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isvn_Dsj2bA

What he's doing is actually called sprechgesang, which is a completely legit way of singing, and has been since the early 20th century. Schönberg used it a lot in his vocal pieces.
Quote by Holy Katana
What he's doing is actually called sprechgesang, which is a completely legit way of singing, and has been since the early 20th century. Schönberg used it a lot in his vocal pieces.

That's just speaking then isn't it? With fluctuations of pitch.
Quote by Jehuty
That's just speaking then isn't it? With fluctuations of pitch.

That sounds more like sprechstimme, which is more like speaking than singing. Sprechgesang is more like singing than speaking.
Quote by Holy Katana
That sounds more like sprechstimme, which is more like speaking than singing. Sprechgesang is more like singing than speaking.

Ah, ok. Are you german? Or just using the terms.
Quote by Jehuty
Ah, ok. Are you german? Or just using the terms.

I'm not German, but I can speak it alright. I'm about to enter my third year of it at school.
Page 1 of 2